Banksy.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite like this one

1000002475.jpg

Banksy donates funds from anti-arms artwork sale​

The anonymous street artist Banksy has donated £205,000 from the sale of a protest piece to anti-arms campaigners.
The artwork, Civilian Drone Strike, was on display at the Art the Arms Fair art exhibition in east London.
It depicts drones destroying a cartoon image of a house, while a child and her dog look on in distress.
The exhibition was held alongside the world's largest arms fair, the Defence and Security Equipment International - both exhibitions closed on Friday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41292903
(just don't mention the boat he in the med that he has a hand, it might set the thread on fire!!)

The point is, art is in the eye of the beholder. And to be fair it didn't get bid up to 14.4million if nobody liked it.

There is some art I don't like, it's doesn't make them less of an artist. A criminal or a fraud. It's just not to my taste.
Absolutely. My tribute to Antony Gormley's "Another Place" using the medium of Haribo continues to divide opinion in the art world. :laugh8:

HariboPlace.png

Banksy’s work appears to be recognised as enhancing an area, not defacement.Way different to random tagging

You can spin it any way you want the fact is its illegal graffiti and if it were by anyone else it would be removed.

Who said anything about random tagging Banksy isn't the only street artist but you would think so the way the press go on.

1723731781445.png

1723731922283.png

View attachment 102925

The Baron said:
I think the artwork is Sh!t really especially as he does not paint them but stencils.
I agree with Chippy it is vandalism the property being defaced is not his, people do not complain because for some strange reason people will pay good money for them.
MashBag said - So who made the stencil?
That's a bit like saying I don't like Monet watercolors, cos he didn't use oil paint. Art is not the medium?

Maybe this company ;)

1723732461140.png

I studied art at uni (my main subject was literature, but I needed to diversify a bit to make up the numbers) and even at an academic level it's one of those subjects, much like philosophy where no two people seem to quite agree on exactly what qualifies.

I'd have to agree with Chippy and The Baron here, it is essentially graffiti, not endorsed with the property owners permission and if this guy hadn't become some sort of pseudo mythical Robin Hood esque figure then he'd be behind bars (well, probably not, but he'd have a record as long as yer arm!).

There doesn't seem to be much talent in what he does, a lot of reports suggest he has a team of people working for him to facilitate his crime spree, I'm not a fan.

I'd have to agree with Chippy and The Baron here, it is essentially graffiti, not endorsed with the property owners permission and if this guy hadn't become some sort of pseudo mythical Robin Hood esque figure then he'd be behind bars (well, probably not, but he'd have a record as long as yer arm!).
There doesn't seem to be much talent in what he does, a lot of reports suggest he has a team of people working for him to facilitate his crime spree, I'm not a fan.
Post of the day clapa

Latest posts

Back