And another 'join me if you will....'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
... in raising a glass to the greatest drummer of all time: John Bonham. Died 30 years ago today.

Cheers John (stay off the vodka in the next life)

:cheers:

Tony said:
the greatest drummer of all time: John Bonham.
In your opinion.

In my opinion that's a bit of a sweeping statement, but I will join you all the same in a toast to one of the greatest drummers of all time.
:drink: :drink: :drink:

PS: I didn't agree with you about Hendrix either.

I'll be playing 'The Ocean' from the zeppelin dvd compilation in honour of 'the beast'. Hellraiser of the top order, fine drummer and proper bloke, RIP bonzo. My daughter loves 'the ocean' and will dance about like mad. Great stuff.

Im with Moley I will raise a Glass to one of the top 3 drummers of all time :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for Moby Dick John :thumb:

The Guitarist we have in the new band (Horse Head) played with Bonham and Plant in Band of Joy.

simon john said:
Don't forget Jimi - it's been 40 years
He was the first “join me if you will”.

Back to this thread, I'm curious who else Snail would include in the Top 3 ?
Moon presumably. Who's the third?

I have to confess I've been playing quite a bit of Zep in the last couple of days, and Bonham was quite something.

His son's pretty useful too.

Moley said:
His son's pretty useful too.

Yes indeed, he's just started a new group with Joe Bonamassa (saw him live at the abert hall last year - really is something else!).. must get hold of their new album (when I remember what they're called, remember thinking there was too many words in the name!)

Tony said:
Yes indeed, he's just started a new group with Joe Bonamassa (saw him live at the abert hall last year - really is something else!).. must get hold of their new album (when I remember what they're called, remember thinking there was too many words in the name!)
It's the Bonamassa cover of “Rock and Roll” I've heard him on, but didn't know they had formed a group, I'm off for a quick google (they can't touch you for it).

Thanks for that UP :thumb:

Edit: Black Country Communion

Check my post from the week before!
The week before? has that happened already? Blimey! How am i supposed to know what happened last week when I don't know what's happening now? Sorry, missed that post (coping with 40 years of grief) . Anyway I've got very serious man flu and 'she inside the doors' is saying that vast quantities of hot toddies is NOT good for me - ha what do they know, bless 'em.

Drummer no 3? I KNOW you will all laugh but I always thought Cozy Powell could have been a contender.

Cheers

Simon

simon john said:
Drummer no 3? I KNOW you will all laugh but I always thought Cozy Powell could have been a contender.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Personally I'd go with Neal Peart from Rush

simon john said:
No-one's laughing :thumb:
Aleman said:
Personally I'd go with Neal Peart from Rush
unclepumble said:
Ginger Baker's not far off.
:lol: Is this the right room for an argument?

So let's go for a Top 10.

I'd say Phil Collins should be in it, what about Roger Taylor, or the one-armed bloke from Def Leppard?

Ringo Starr

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back