And another 'join me if you will....'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl Palmer of Emerson Lake & Palmer

Tony said:
Ringo Star

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

one of the other Beatles was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the country, the reply ............

" ......... he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles" :rofl:

Cozy Powell... anyone remember 'Dance With the Devil'.. a drum version of 'Third Rock From the Sun'?

Cor blimey, I remember being at the fair and trying to pluck up courage to ask a girl to go on the big wheel with me while that blasted over the speakers.

Memories :D

Hey I've tied both my 'join me if you will' posts together :D

So we've argued over Greatest Guitarist and Greatest Drummer, is anyone going to dispute Greatest Frontman?

Farrokh Bulsara, 5/9/46 - 24/11/91

:drink:

Nice resurrection Moley!

I'd have to agree with you - saw him twice and he was unbeatable!

Moley said:
So we've argued over Greatest Guitarist and Greatest Drummer, is anyone going to dispute Greatest Frontman?

had the chance to see him at Wembley in '82 . . due to temporary insanity I sold my ticket and missed seeing the greatest front man in the business.

Although I reckon David Robert Jones comes a very close second. ;)

Saw Cosy Powell when he was in Peter Green splinter group a few years before he died, very good but the best I`ve ever seen live has to be Keith Moon. On another planet in more ways than one.

Moley said:

Only time I saw Queen was when they were a backing band to I think Lindisfarne in southend, so bad we retreated to the bar, they did get better over the years

Moley said:

I thought he prefered to be at the rear not the front :sick: :shock:

Great though he was, I think James Brown might have a stab at that title, and hate the style as I do I think someone who worships "The Pelvis" Might have something to say about front men.

UP

Moley said:

Depends what you want from a "greatest" front man and the era you are from I suppose?

I personally could never get my hat on with FM (or FB). Had a good voice agreed, but if you want to see an actor perform and sing great songs you go to the theatre? Or I would.

For me a front man has to be exactly that, the front man of a group, so he is all about the whole band/groups music and sing in an honest way that gives the audience a real feel for the people playing with him, not dancing, prancing and making all eyes follow him (or her). So for me, for those reasons i'd say Guy Garvey of Bury, Greater Manchester. He's my greatest front man.

For me a front man has to be exactly that, the front man of a group, so he is all about the whole band/groups music and sing in an honest way that gives the audience a real feel for the people playing with him, not dancing, prancing and making all eyes follow him (or her).
Gene Simmonds of Kiss then Wez (not my cup of tea though)

Robert Plant Takes some beating as ultimate front man though!

UP

As a front man Jagger takes a lot of beating, saw the stones 4 times and on stage he is totally mesmerizing, also Rodge Daltry.

ok, sorry back to drummers (only just got in and seen the thread) but top 3:

in no particular order,

keith moon
john bonham
Mitch Mitchell (hendrixs' drummer)

Forgot about Mitch Mitchell, good call, he was an excellent drummer!

saw that the other week. Legend, love the robot drummer.

Back