All in one systems.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stings27

Reaction score
Hi all.
I know this has been covered numerous times on the forum but as technology moves on and things improve maybe opinions might change ?
Ive been brewing all-grain for a number of years now using a HLT, mash tun and boiler and have now thought about purchasing a ‘all-in-one’ due to me having an energetic dog that loves a good walk thro’ the woods on a Saturday morning , cutting down my brew day time !
I have recently been left ‘a few bob’ from my late Uncle and have thought about treating myself.
Thinking of going for it and getting a Braumeister. Done a bit of research via YouTube etc. and even tho I know it’s an expensive bit of kit, it does look quality.
Just wondering what’s everyone’s opinions are? Am I making the right choice ?
Thanks in advance 👍👍🍻

personally and this may sound harsh IMO no, it had better be good quality at that money and for well less than half price there are so many good options out there.
I am sure you will get the owners of BM saying how much better they are but and I have said this in threads before the most expensive latest of this will not make you a better brewer.
I see nothing wrong with All in Ones but some control is needed to learn the craft.
Your money your choice but the basics should be learned first

Now I understand it I'm glad I went Brewzilla. With having never done all grain properly before I really didn't want to spend any more than that and it seems ideal for my needs anyway. I'm sure there are many options with different advantages though my friend in SF who got me into it has a full on Grainfather setup but I couldn't justify that outlay. Good luck whatever you go with!

I can definitely see the appeal of all-in-one setups - but I'll stick my hand up and admit that I get (at least) as much fun from designing, making and faffing around with the setup as I do the actual brewing. But you already knew that :-)

I'll maybe observe that For the cost of a Braumeister I could buy a LOT of top quality ale...

Due to limited space i went with the brewzilla after doing a few kits and a few partial mash brews.

Once you get used to the aio limitations (mash temps etc) you wont look back, ease of brewing and clean up is superb.

You can really brew some quality beer, would 100% recommend.

I went in at the deep end when I first started a couple of years ago and went for the grainfather. Is an excellent bit of kit and I’ve had no problems. I tend to make 29-30L wort when I brew and heats up pretty quickly to the boil. Bluetooth app works well.
I also have a speidel fermenter which is quality and an electronic ‘Tilt’ which I bought in an offer.

An all in one system will not necessarily shorten the amount of time you spend brewing....you still need to mash for X minutes and boil for Y.....just like you do in a 3v system.

Hi all.
I know this has been covered numerous times on the forum but as technology moves on and things improve maybe opinions might change ?
Ive been brewing all-grain for a number of years now using a HLT, mash tun and boiler and have now thought about purchasing a ‘all-in-one’ due to me having an energetic dog that loves a good walk thro’ the woods on a Saturday morning , cutting down my brew day time !
I have recently been left ‘a few bob’ from my late Uncle and have thought about treating myself.
Thinking of going for it and getting a Braumeister. Done a bit of research via YouTube etc. and even tho I know it’s an expensive bit of kit, it does look quality.
Just wondering what’s everyone’s opinions are? Am I making the right choice ?
Thanks in advance 👍👍🍻
@Hoddy as one. Perhaps be can comment.

@Hoddy as one. Perhaps be can comment.
@Stings27
I can honestly say it’s been the most consistent and reliable piece of brew equipment I’ve had. I’ve had mine circa 5 years now and brewed nearly 2 times a month the whole time and it’s never let me down.
I would suggest not bothering with the one with the cooking jackets as it doesn’t help much, get a submersible coil chiller instead. Getting the BM upgraded filters is defo recommended.
Either way my BM 30L has been immense and wouldn’t have anything else

to shorten brew days do a overnight mash every time it will save you time. I do it it on a evening and get up at 6/7am to be finished by 9.30am

Grainfather you can fill the night before and set delay timer, saves a little time filling and then usually 30,40 min to get upto mash temperature.

I had my eye on a BM20 a few years back but decided to go with the 35L Brewzilla and I love it.

Now I'm thinking about buying the bigger 65L system for double batches but I've heard that the Brewzilla Generation 4 should be out soon. So I'm going to wait to see if that fix some of the small niggles with the current system (like the position of the controller).

Having said that, I should probably wait until version 4.1.1 ;)

Latest posts

Back