The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha sorry about that guys, was just wondering if there were any other brewers around my age.

Haha I'm glad to see all the responses to this thread. Its good to see the rage of ages that are on here :)

Haha I'm glad to see all the responses to this thread. Its good to see the rage of ages that are on here :)

I was shocked to find i am in the top 3 of the old farts on here (well the ones that admit it) but rage never. :lol:

28 here dude. Wish I'd started at 19 too.

I want to do nothing else for a living but can't risk it now as I've got a house to pay for and a family to support. Can't afford to start at the bottom and there doesn't seem like a way to start a few rungs up unless you start your own. Couldn't risk that, so I'll stick with my boring job I don't enjoy.

Depressed now :(

im 44 and a gemini

my first brew was this yeah it started of at a one off thing brew in a bag ready in 14 days
but the bag burst but wasn't an idiot as i read reviews and stood mine in a box,
bag burst after 2 days too much pressure and saved it in the box put the lid on and left it bottled it into 2litre pop bottles and it wasn't to shabby it was drinkable and I've tasted worse from a pub
oh yeah i got a refund and bought a wine starter and a beer starter
wine was equipment and wine and bits for 6 bottles ready in 7 days followed instruction and that was ok
the beer was just a one fermenter hose and sediment catcher, tap and i bought a bottler and a 40 pint geordie yorkshire bitter
the wine has gone haha and the bitter is bottled and maturing for a one week so far and it looks nice and clear
now i started a coopers stout with added tin of black treacle that looks like its ready for bottling
and i got a 6 bottle (3 week brew time) black cherry wine for fathers day
so whats next on the menu might have an empty fermenter at the weekend

Wish I'd started at 19 too.
Depressed now :(

I didn't realise that I was so young in brewers terms haha, just finished my second all grain, a pale ale. It smells nice and I made a not very small beer 3% with the grains too. It's good. My first all grain is in mini kegs and not as carbed as I'd hoped for. I'm glad I'm starting so young. To us young people beers beer. If its drinkable I'm happy. [emoji2]

What do you mean you didnt realise? You could only legally be one year younger than you are!

In fairness, I fully expect my son to be an accomplished brewer at your age, but he's only 2 at the moment so it'll be a while before someone takes your crown!!

Haha mark very true. Where I come from its fairly rough and people start to drink at about 13-14 I waited until last year. I'm sensible and was on meds that beer wouldn't agree with.

45 and been brewing wine on and off since I was 17 (only illegal to buy or sell to under 18s but no law on brewing) about to venture out to all grain brewing when I get a Grainfather.

Latest posts

Back