AG#1 Bouncing Squirrel (in a bag!)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Muddy; nice boiler.
What did you use to cover the back of the elements? (those black tube things)

Jammybstard said:
Hi Muddy; nice boiler.
What did you use to cover the back of the elements? (those black tube things)

Thanks Jammy,

There's some outstanding guides on this forum

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9899
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6513
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3104

The covers for the back of the elements are a few inches of old sealant tube (the ones that fit in a gun) covered in black insulating tape.
They fit onto the element backs perfectly.
The boiler build has time consuming parts like drilling hop filter holes, but if you take your time you can get a nice boiler for around 40 quid

Such a co incidence that we chose the same brew!! Out of interest why did you go for that brew?
My reasons were that there is only 2 grains and 2 hops, fairly simple were my thoughts.

Exactly the same for myself thought something not too complicated for the first brew :wha:

Muddy Funker said:
I know you're right, that's why I need to get another on the go as soon as this is out of the FV, give me something to take my mind of it!!

...or get another FV!!!!

:party: :party: :party:

simco999 said:
Muddy Funker said:
I know you're right, that's why I need to get another on the go as soon as this is out of the FV, give me something to take my mind of it!!

...or get another FV!!!!

:party: :party: :party:

:hmm:

too be honest that's totally on the cards! I think I'll work out the next brew then pick up another FV when I get the grain.
The Mrs will understand :pray:

Edit: I've bought the 2nd FV today. And the ingrediants for a Speckled Hen clone :-)

Right,

Nine days in the FV and I have a gravity reading of 1012, this gives me an ABV of 6.5%!!

Not exaclty as planned but I'm not too disappointed, taste is really good. Very excited by how it will be after conditioning.

I put in the extra kilo of pale malt I had so I figure this is why i'm one percent over on the ABV. Next time I'll stick to the recipe as what I've done clearly worked.

I'll let you know how it goes after it's had a couple of weeks in the bottle :cheers:

Congrats on your first brew looks like it went really well :) ..... Yeh the extra kilo will put your abv up I think the brew should handle it though ...... Hope it tasts as good as it looks :cheers:

Nice one MF - now will 3 FV's be too many .....mmmmm?

beerbang.gif

Latest posts

Back