A.I

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you worried about A.I becoming self aware?

• Yes - If the experts are saying it could happen it probably will.

• No - The experts will make sure it doesn't "Go wrong" (as mentioned in the video)

Results are only viewable after voting.
At least for artists I think AI I killing them. A machine can generate images just by writing what you need. It does it in seconds. An AI then gives choices and if you if you don't like or want to change something just by a push of a button you have it. Soon it's coming to 3d also. It's already in video generation and editing. You can write a 50 page essay with an AI in moments. Things are getting real. All pics below are AI generated

Attachments

• soyyojuli_A_little_boy_in_the_style_of_Goku_super_sayan_by_Brya_cd1fbc72-985b-4123-a57a-d42eb4...png
    soyyojuli_A_little_boy_in_the_style_of_Goku_super_sayan_by_Brya_cd1fbc72-985b-4123-a57a-d42eb4...png
    340.5 KB
  • soyyojuli_a_painting_of_the_attached_picture_above_by_a_renowne_d2ff4735-060c-43be-9f67-618edd...png
    soyyojuli_a_painting_of_the_attached_picture_above_by_a_renowne_d2ff4735-060c-43be-9f67-618edd...png
    477.9 KB
  • soyyojuli_a_painting_in_the_style_of_van_Gogh_using_the_attache_fb30c53d-cff9-4442-90b9-c8a2b4...png
    soyyojuli_a_painting_in_the_style_of_van_Gogh_using_the_attache_fb30c53d-cff9-4442-90b9-c8a2b4...png
    529.8 KB
  • soyyojuli_with_a_big_volcano_and_the_bears_have_glasses_b1ce20dd-cf75-451c-aa45-1f768c24b4df.png
    soyyojuli_with_a_big_volcano_and_the_bears_have_glasses_b1ce20dd-cf75-451c-aa45-1f768c24b4df.png
    509.5 KB
It cannot create the amount of jobs. And the government cannot afford the benefits.
The industrial revolution did not support the population we have today or its wannabe attitudes. So comparing is irrelevant.
Ai learns exponentially and shares what it learns instanty. From all of the data available to it (all images, cctv, ecars, cars, text, forums, bots, searches, purchases, transactions, reportage, satellite imagery, social media, photos, institutions, conversations etc etc etc and Computing power doubles every 18 months ish. That's the hard maths. I skills left are core practical ones, but not the planning of such.

Look at a new house scheme. Plumbing, building, electrician. Maybe. yes. Project investment, sales, marketing, planning, council, conveyance, estate agent, mortgage advice & processing.. Er nope.
Moving your **** in. yes.... Oh hang on logistics,... er no.

Idle people are rarely happy, particularly if they have no money and no opportunities or social mobility.

Last edited:
It cannot create the amount of jobs. And the government cannot afford the benefits.
The industrial revolution did not support the population we have today or its wannabe attitudes. So comparing is irrelevant.
Ai learns exponentially and shares what it learns instanty. From all of the data available to it (all images, cctv, ecars, cars, text, forums, bots, searches, purchases, transactions, reportage, satellite imagery, social media, photos, institutions, conversations etc etc etc and Computing power doubles every 18 months ish. That's the hard maths. I skills left are core practical ones, but not the planning of such.

Look at a new house scheme. Plumbing, building, electrician. Maybe. yes. Project investment, sales, marketing, planning, council, conveyance, estate agent, mortgage advice & processing.. Er nope.
Moving your **** in. yes.... Oh hang on logistics,... er no.

Idle people are rarely happy, particularly if they have no money and no opportunities or social mobility.
You are only forecasting on jobs already in existence, there will be thousands of new jobs which haven't even been thought of yet. All the doom and gloom of job losses by the sensationalist media without any talk of jobs being created just leads to the insecure and gullible being more insecure, and gullible.
No one can predict the future we can only learn from history, the technology over the last 50 years has wiped out millions of jobs yet today unemployment still hovers around the same figures, even with the industrialisation of Asia.
Changes are a constant of life, better to embrace it than worry about it.

At least for artists I think AI I killing them. A machine can generate images just by writing what you need. It does it in seconds. An AI then gives choices and if you if you don't like or want to change something just by a push of a button you have it. Soon it's coming to 3d also. It's already in video generation and editing. You can write a 50 page essay with an AI in moments. Things are getting real. All pics below are AI generated
I have been experimenting with ai images. Great fun.

I am also using AI in another business that I am looking at setting up.

It would appear from your post you can!
Because I am looking at history, not what the rags say. Your posts are quoting directly what they are assuming.
Easy to see how religion got a following, the gullible will believe whatever they are told despite the source, I really thought those days were over and people were smarter.

You are only forecasting on jobs already in existence, there will be thousands of new jobs which haven't even been thought of yet. All the doom and gloom of job losses by the sensationalist media without any talk of jobs being created just leads to the insecure and gullible being more insecure, and gullible.
No one can predict the future we can only learn from history, the technology over the last 50 years has wiped out millions of jobs yet today unemployment still hovers around the same figures, even with the industrialisation of Asia.
Changes are a constant of life, better to embrace it than worry about it.

I agree there will be thousands of jobs created. Absolutely, but by the very nature of the beast, I cannot see how they will replace the millions lost.

Don't assume I get my information from the mainstream media, nothing could be further from the truth. I read, I consult, I pay for my knowledge. That also doesn't make it 100% accurate either, but it does apply a certain ammount of filter.

"Changes are a constant of life" Absolutely.. It (change) has paid my wages due years.

I agree there will be thousands of jobs created. Absolutely, but by the very nature of the beast, I cannot see how they will replace the millions lost.

Don't assume I get my information from the mainstream media, nothing could be further from the truth. I read, I consult, I pay for my knowledge. That also doesn't make it 100% accurate either, but it does apply a certain ammount of filter.
When I say thousands, I don't mean thousands of people, but thousands of jobs employing millions of people

Easy to see how religion got a following, the gullible
I am not gullible i don't need the press to tell me as businesses use more technology to do jobs we used to there is going to be a lot less jobs for people to do, you say there will be new jobs could i ask where these jobs will come from and why these jobs won't be done by the new machines that put them out of work in the first place?

Where are all the millions of truck, bus, train and van drivers going to go if driverless vehicles ever become commonplace and that is just one industry.

Imagine if they replaced every till in every large store with self service tills in a couple of years time there would be millions out of work, and that is only two examples.

I am not gullible i don't need the press to tell me as businesses use more technology to do jobs we used to there is going to be a lot less jobs for people to do, you say there will be new jobs could i ask where these jobs will come from and why these jobs won't be done by the new machines that put them out of work in the first place?

Where are all the millions of truck, bus, train and van drivers going to go if driverless vehicles ever become commonplace and that is just one industry.

Imagine if they replaced every till in every large store with self service tills in a couple of years time there would be millions out of work, and that is only two examples.
As I said before Coles supermarkets have introduced self check outs without reducing staff they have gone on to other duties.
No you can't ask me where these jobs will come from, they haven't been put to the work force yet, just as the loss of jobs hasn't been set in stone.
It's the luddites all over again! How wrong were they?

Latest posts

Back