23 l PET carboy suppliers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found cleaning DJ's was a PITA until i got my drill attachment i wouldn't fancy cleaning one of those without one.

images

Not sure if this helps or not as i did not make this myself - got it as a job lot off Ebay. When i used it to empty a 25Ltr youngs FV i just placed it at the bottom and used the tap to stop when bottles/ DJ filled. Did waste some wine and next time i will prop the FV at an agle before adding finnings.

Note the holes in 2nd pick are quite high to stop sediment being sucked up. Found this also aids the degassing if you hold the nozzle out out 2nd FV when racking.

WP_20170507_22_17_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20170507_22_17_39_Pro.jpg

I've got both of those, it's the rigid part of a syphon tube I'm after, as mine is too short and for smaller DJs I think

A company called Latstock make them - 28" long.
Easily long enough for the wide neck fermenters...

Any link to suppliers? Google is just giving me Beer floats! ;)

Edit - ok , found a couple under Latstock rigid syphon rod but everywhere out of stock / no longer available.

Bought one today at my local shop, 1.99!

Same 28" Latstock one, you want me to send you one,I'm back there on Wednesday

I've got both of those, it's the rigid part of a syphon tube I'm after, as mine is too short and for smaller DJs I think

I extended mine by adding half of another standard Wilko syphon tube (the stiff part) held together with a short piece of syphon tube (the soft part) as a connector/sleeve.

I extended mine by adding half of another standard Wilko syphon tube (the stiff part) held together with a short piece of syphon tube (the soft part) as a connector/sleeve.

Great idea.

That's pretty much all these Latstock ones are, except the gadget to join the two 14" tubes is solid so you end up with one pretty rigid 28" tube.

Tightwad tip of the day :lol:

Having the flexible sleeve in the middle helps get the tube to the edge at the bottom of the DJ which allows you to tilt the DJ as you reach the bottom and get almost all of the wine out.

Job done. Ordered a matching pair of Youngs 25l Wide neck jobbies! ......... and a 30 bottle Beaverdale kit of course ;)

Put the 25L Youngs wide neck to the test today. Very impressed so far. Degassing with wand on drill especially easy. The neck is not too wide to be an issue and small enough to stop any wayward droplets! Easy to carry when full. Even the handles appear robust enough to carry with confidence. Could not say the same for my 30l bucket.

Only time will tell whether the opaque nature of the thing will be an issue. Just racked a 30 bottle Beaverdale into it to stabilise, degass and fine etc so did not bother with jelly on the o ring and thread.

Back