What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening guys and gals, just having a couple of these while I watch the black list on Netflix
IMG_2052.jpeg
p

No posts from me last night because we had a family pub day followed by a meal at a good Indian restaurant. The pub had a load of cask ales and ciders on in the garden, all fresh and beautifully conditioned. Lovely 😍. I could live there if they did that every day 😂

On the table are a pint and a half of toffee apple cider, a cherry porter, and the guy is pouring me a pint of cask Proper Job. All £4 a pint, £2.50 for half.

IMG_6544.jpeg

First day back up in Orkney this month, not as active as I’d hoped but allowing myself a drink before a couple of weeks on call. Just finished making a couple of 2 portion vegetarian lasagnas, one for now and one for the freezer…. It’s a lot more yum than you might think… unlike this beer 😕 which I liked the sound of but on tasting realised I’d tried it before and it’s really quite odd… I am not convinced raspberry works in beers, has an odd slightly chemical bitterness to it. Having said that it did for lubrication while cooking and a bit of kitchen jiving to a brilliant jazz playlist I found.. so the music is smooth even if the beer isn’t 💃.
IMG_0866.jpeg

I've had a pig of a day. Still fannying about sorting the lads bedroom. Switches and sockets back on then about 5 hours of laying flooring,which I can do but I'm slow as getting on the knees and back up feels like I been run over...anyway,after some spectacular detailed cuts round the door,fitted wardrobes and rad pipes it's done! Got skirting to fit tomorrow and some tidying up.
Mrs Clint witnessed my plight and has bought beers from St Austell, Vocation and Brew Dog. Tribute is first.

I've had a pig of a day. Still fannying about sorting the lads bedroom. Switches and sockets back on then about 5 hours of laying flooring,which I can do but I'm slow as getting on the knees and back up feels like I been run over...anyway,after some spectacular detailed cuts round the door,fitted wardrobes and rad pipes it's done! Got skirting to fit tomorrow and some tidying up.
Mrs Clint witnessed my plight and has bought beers from St Austell, Vocation and Brew Dog. Tribute is first.

Standing back and surveying your handiwork is a real pleasure isn't it :D.

(Sometimes, with me, there is a slight tinge of "Will she notice the..." 😶)

First day back up in Orkney this month, not as active as I’d hoped but allowing myself a drink before a couple of weeks on call. Just finished making a couple of 2 portion vegetarian lasagnas, one for now and one for the freezer…. It’s a lot more yum than you might think… unlike this beer 😕 which I liked the sound of but on tasting realised I’d tried it before and it’s really quite odd… I am not convinced raspberry works in beers, has an odd slightly chemical bitterness to it. Having said that it did for lubrication while cooking and a bit of kitchen jiving to a brilliant jazz playlist I found.. so the music is smooth even if the beer isn’t 💃.
View attachment 99129

I'm reticent with regard to fruit in beer too. Not a strict no but I'd rather not.

Well I’m a sad sight sitting at my bar all alone with a glass of Best Bitter! We have nothing planned for today, the weather is ****, and my wife has some things she wants to do around the house so no pub lunch today. Never mind, I’m comfortable in my own company and the beer is good 😉.

Happy Bank Holiday Monday! 🥳
IMG_6549.jpeg

Back