Wine Kit Recommendation?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmcc

Reaction score
Can someone please recommend a good 5 or 7 day wine kit, I've done a Cabernet Sauvignon 5 day 21 litre kit by Cantina, turned out not too bad for a first attempt, now Mrs. McC is after another to try, any colour (or one of each).

gregmcc said:
Can someone please recommend a good 5 or 7 day wine kit, I've done a Cabernet Sauvignon 5 day 21 litre kit by Cantina, turned out not too bad for a first attempt, now Mrs. McC is after another to try, any colour (or one of each).

I don't believe there is one , to make a decent wine start at least at Beaverdale level then California Connoisseur, Vintners World Reserve, Kenridge Showcase , Selection. All make a first class wine from £1.33 - 2.33 a bottle.

Beaverdale and California Connoseur are good quality "entry" level kits - but anything that claims 5 / 7 days is woefully optimistic if you want to have a decent glass to drink.

I've made most of the Beaverdale kits and been happy with all of them but have waited a minimum of 4 months before trying and they do improve the more you can leave them (although I wouldn't leave the whites or roses for more than 18 months). The Beaverdales do benefit from a change of yeast though - the appropriate Lalvin yeast will make a difference over the generic yeast supplied (The Cal Con comes with Lalvin yeast).

solomon grundy 7 days kits really easy to do with fab results. :cheers:

I'm with you pearlfisher I do not believe ( Drinkable ) wine can be made in 7 days. I have made most of the Cal Con white wines and even then use their times as a guide. My Christmas wines were started in July and are now maturing in the cupboard under the stairs. The main ingredient in home wine making is P A T I E N C E .

Back