Where do I buy wine making grapes in London?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagerterrier

Reaction score
I'm new to brewing, but have got some kit off freecycle and want to make my own wine with real grapes.

Went to new spitalfields wholesale market this morning and no-one seems to have much interest in it, although they will give me a price on a whole pallette in 2 weeks time when the grapes start coming in.

I'm not sure that I really need almost a whole ton of grapes - was thinking around 25-50kg to start with - so wondered if anyone knows a middle man who sells the sort of quantities I am after...

Willing to travel to find a supplier, and even willing buy the ton of grapes and act as middle man for others if need be (but don't tell my wife I said this)

Any ideas?

Looks interesting, has anyone on here ever tried to grow their own grapes?

I have tried it, i have one growing in my garden right now, i planted mid summer last year, and it produced nothing at all. I left it in the ground to die off,thinking the frost would kill it off, but it over wintered and came straight back this spring, but once again no fruit so far and i think its way too late now to get any thing on it anyway.
so i have had no luck at all. I will leave it in the ground and see what happens next year, but good luck with yours if you try it.

The lady who gave me the brewing equipment on freecycle had loads of vines growing out the back which her husband had been making 'magnificent red wine' from for years.

May have to tap her for this years supply whilst I grow my own.

Going to make phone calls on Tuesday regarding buying some. I'll let people know on Tuesday....

... Meanwhile, making cider today...

Try Richard at Cheers Homebrew in Cheam . . . . I do seem to recall someone saying something about him bringing in winemaking grapes.

He runs the shop for customers not parcels so doesn't do mail order, but give him a ring, I'm sure he will be able to assist you somehow

Back