Whats your favourite food to accompany a pint?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with beer, it has to be dead pig...Pork pie with pickle and a pint of malty bitter. Spicy stuff with pale blonde ales.

The spicy stuff, you cannot beat a shobuz massala or a katmando chilli massala. In the katmando the chillis are whole and toasted for more bite. Its a bit more hardcore than vindaloo or Jalfrezei :whistle:

After noshing beer it has to be hot and spicy pizza or a chicken kebab with lashings of chilli sauce.

If I overdo it, the next day my **** trumpets like Roy Castle....I have been known to hit a high C when wearing tight underpants :thumb:

Some great replies, and a lot I concur with and a few I may need to try :hmm:

:lol:

I love Lidl Alesto Nuts Royal mix, also salted cashews, peanuts be they salted, chilli or honey roast. I love nuts me :thumb:

:cheers:

robbarwell said:
with beer, it has to be dead pig...Pork pie with pickle and a pint of malty bitter. Spicy stuff with pale blonde ales.

The spicy stuff, you cannot beat a shobuz massala or a katmando chilli massala. In the katmando the chillis are whole and toasted for more bite. Its a bit more hardcore than vindaloo or Jalfrezei :whistle:

After noshing beer it has to be hot and spicy pizza or a chicken kebab with lashings of chilli sauce.

If I overdo it, the next day my **** trumpets like Roy Castle....I have been known to hit a high C when wearing tight underpants :thumb:

if you are more hardcore than Vindaloo and like a spicy pizza you should try Lidl's Inferno Pizza. I had one once..........just once.

+1 for Lidl inferno pizza. I had one once... just once... in fact I made the mistake of adding extra chillis to it as I do with every other pizza I cook...

Still... gave me a good clear out before I went camping for three days up a hill!

DC

pork tenderloin stuffed with black pudding then wrapped in bacon & slow smoked in a water smoker for about 4hours
absolutely delicious :cheers: ken.

When I get the boozy munchies, anything goes :lol:

But I do like my cheese and biscuits with a glass or two at Christmas :thumb:

abeyptfc said:
I've never tried it but I can imagine Chorizo with beer is the dugs baws. you cannae beat pizza with beer, also McCoys Flame Grilled steak crisps!
I like drinking bourbons (makers mark,woodforde reserve,tesco bourbon ****, not jack daniels though) in a half with apple juice and sitting suppin with a few beers,I was up watching the finale to one of the golf tourneys in America I'm sure and I got hungry and raided the fridge and came out with a block of smoked applewood cheese, feckin tanned the lot along with a half bottle of bourbon, the flavours worked so well together. im goni buy some chorizo and smoked applewood for the weekend!

Thats making me hungry....

Whilst drinking a wee bowl of cashews goes down particularly nicely. Love a plate of nachos as well.

abeyptfc said:
I've never tried it but I can imagine Chorizo with beer is the dugs baws. you cannae beat pizza with beer, also McCoys Flame Grilled steak crisps!
I like drinking bourbons (makers mark,woodforde reserve,tesco bourbon ****, not jack daniels though) in a half with apple juice and sitting suppin with a few beers,I was up watching the finale to one of the golf tourneys in America I'm sure and I got hungry and raided the fridge and came out with a block of smoked applewood cheese, feckin tanned the lot along with a half bottle of bourbon, the flavours worked so well together. im goni buy some chorizo and smoked applewood for the weekend!

Mmmm, bourbon and cheese.

I effin' love bourbon. I want to make a stout, enhanced with bourbon

That was my plan. The health food (boo) and homebrew (yay) shop where I got my kit from sell bourbon barrel chips. I was planning on steaming them (to a: kill any nasties and 2: open the pores up), then steeping them in MORE bourbon (Morrisson's own, because it's almost as good as Woodford Reserve, and over half the price), in a kilner jar, to infuse more bourbon and kill off any more nasties, and then at the appropriate time (whenever that is, I don't know yet) put them into the brew, in a muslin bag, along with another good glug of bourbon, for good luck.

Back