What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23L batch of “St Austell Salute” an all grain kit from Crossmyloof which I presume to be a clone of St Austell Tribute.

https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk/beer-recipes?pgid=kxiuqrpk-eeeac6fb-4d81-4365-822e-3a83cd41b515
Brew day ran very smoothly no idea if this will be close to Tribute (which is one of my favourites when I see it in pubs) but I have generally obtained decent results with CML so I am optimistic that I will get something decent even if it’s not an exact clone of Tribute.
What yeast was included?

Brewed a St Austell Tribute on Monday. Used a cultured ‘proper job’ yeast. OG 1.044 to 1.010 today. Used the Brewuk kit but added and extra 25g Willamette in whirlpool.

Brewed a Double India Pale Lager. 6kg Bohemian Pilsner and 3kg Munich. 50g Idaho 7 hops at 60 minutes, 40g at 5 minutes, and 30g at flameout. Re-used the yeastcake of an Idaho 7 Black IPA using Saflager S-23. 24 litres at an OG of 1.077. Brewing this for New Years Eve and the days leading-up as I do dry Jan/Feb every year. Got a bit of scorching on the burners of my kettle, but I've had worse that tasted fine, so I think I'm OK.

Brewed a second batch of my West coast IPA "The Special Relationship" with Maris otter, admiral, brambling cross, cascade and citra in the boil and keg hopped with citra and cascade. Made this as a user upper oin October and liked it so much that I ordered the hops to do it again.

Currently 45 minutes into the boil of a NEIPA. 12L in the FV, aiming for a 10L batch @ 6.4%, all being well.

3kg Extra Pale Ale Malt
150g Pale Wheat Malt
150g Flaked Oats
50g Crystal Extra Light

60g Citra, 55g Cashmere and 40g Mosaic at various stages including a dry hop at 7 days of all of the aforementioned.

My first and last effort at a NEIPA must have got oxygen in it at some point, so fingers crossed for this one.

I have 1kg of chit malt, I think I ordered it to do some sort of hazy IPA. Extra pale malt, wheat and chit malt. What % of chit malt should I use. Open to suggestions

My first all grain! Oatmeal stout. Wish me luck. What could go wrong, easy 🤣
(Please don't answer that😁)

Attachments

• DSC_0403.JPG
    DSC_0403.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
Don't really think oatmeal stout is any more difficult to brew than any other style, except to say that efficiency might be a little lower than other beers.

Currently 45 minutes into the boil of a NEIPA. 12L in the FV, aiming for a 10L batch @ 6.4%, all being well.

3kg Extra Pale Ale Malt
150g Pale Wheat Malt
150g Flaked Oats
50g Crystal Extra Light

60g Citra, 55g Cashmere and 40g Mosaic at various stages including a dry hop at 7 days of all of the aforementioned.

My first and last effort at a NEIPA must have got oxygen in it at some point, so fingers crossed for this one.
🤦🤦🤦 wish me luck...

Had to leave my brew in the kettle overnight as I forgot to pick up my drill gun from the in-laws to drill the 25mm hole in my new FV. Picked it up this morning, drillled the hole, fitted the tap, sanitised the bucket, started to fill from the kettle. Left it filling for 5 minutes and came back to a puddle of wort on the kitchen tiles. I'd tightened up the tap too much and wort was leaking through the rubber seal.

Solution - sanitise my hand and arm to get to the nut to be able to turn the tap and loosen it to decompress the seal, then tighten again, but not so much to distort it.

Job done, but potentially ruined! We'll see! 😆

🤦🤦🤦 wish me luck...

Had to leave my brew in the kettle overnight as I forgot to pick up my drill gun from the in-laws to drill the 25mm hole in my new FV. Picked it up this morning, drillled the hole, fitted the tap, sanitised the bucket, started to fill from the kettle. Left it filling for 5 minutes and came back to a puddle of wort on the kitchen tiles. I'd tightened up the tap too much and wort was leaking through the rubber seal.

Solution - sanitise my hand and arm to get to the nut to be able to turn the tap and loosen it to decompress the seal, then tighten again, but not so much to distort it.

Good luck!

🤦🤦🤦 wish me luck...

Ahhh leaks, the bane of my life. Think I've sorted them all now. Just little drips as things get hot in the boil etc or silicon pipes. I find swearing at them and spanners solve the problem. And PTFE. And LSX.

Well brewday of the oatmeal stout went okay mostly.
Loads of boiloff so had to top up about 6l of water to ensure I had something to ferment! Target OG was close so potential is about 5.5% . Had thick KRAUSEN today, too about 24hrs but happy it's doing something. Temp steady at about 18° snuggled up with a heat mat and insulation in the garage gurgling away. (The beer not me). Wort tasted okay. 🤞

Latest posts

Back