What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the pub now having lunch with the grand-children before we take them to the cinema (Despicable Me 4). I’m drinking cask Pedigree.

View attachment 102373
Marston'S Pedigree?
That takes me back to a student beer cellar in Bristol docks. A flavour revelation, if a little sweet.
When working in Manchester a few years later, I asked for it as a post prandial (colleagues were on shorts by then) in the working man's luncheon diner.
"Ask for it yourself, that's a dogfood isn't it!?" was the reply.
Luckily I'd seen the handpump on the bar, so I did.
Their faces!
That's because they were dyed-in-the-wool mild'n'bitter Lancastriians.
Happy days!

A cracker of a fruit beer
20240802_161929.jpg

I’m stuck in London for another night🤬.
Consoled myself by going to Book Of Mormon this afternoon and I’m off to Lucky Cat in about an hour.
I’ll be rolling the Negroni dice and wishing for no more flight cancellations tomorrow.
Book of Mormon!?
So funny I wet myself.
Well, nearly.
Best of luck with the flight out. 🤞

Bought a beer kit from Wilko (aka The Range). £16.43 (kit and sugar) for "20 litres of Lager", plus I got cash back on TopCashBack. Sounds too good to be true, so I tried it. The 20 litres was a bit much for a keg, so I shorted the water slightly for 19 litres since I didn't want to bother with bottling. The ABV came up short, but no worries as kits do this.
Easy kit, but I gave the fermentation time. Kegged it, carbonated it, and now tried it. Here's the verdict:
8320182-1.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

Pros:
  • Cheap
  • Easy to make
  • Good for a beginning brewer
  • Tremendous potential for an environmentally friendly way of killing slugs in the garden

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Not really a Lager
  • Waste of time

3 August 2024 Edit: I filled two slug traps with this beer and left it in the garden overnight and nothing. I've caught plenty of slugs before with Corona, but even the slugs won't drink the MYO Lager ashock1

Last edited:
No, No, No!

Experimental brew. No sparge. No boil. No chill.

Brewed whilst "working from home" so minimal input required.

A simple golden ale with lots of Harlequin hops. 14L batch & 100g Harlequin mash hopped only.

It's OK. A bit cloudy. OG was a bit low so hot hit with some golden syrup to boost it to about 4%

20240802_205245.jpg

I didn’t post these last night. The stout was OK but had nothing much to distinguish it from other stouts. The pale ale though was lovely, I’d have that again - probably my favourite beer from this brewery so far. Mind you, I’ve saved what I think will be my favourites until the end!

IMG_7213.jpeg

IMG_7214.jpeg

Latest posts

Back