What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mt forester friend just called round. After we unloaded the van of logs it was time for a pilsner. Bloody lovely in this heat.
1000044310.jpg

This is my kegged version of the same best bitter. The obvious difference is the head but the mouthfeel and flavour are different too. The cask version is soft, malty and seems to accentuate the earthiness of the hops. The kegged version is perhaps more crisp and the fruitiness of the hops/esters shines more. The two are served at different temperatures so I’m not sure how much of the difference is down to temperature - I may need a side-by-side and the two at the same temperature.

IMG_7201.jpeg

I’ve been exploring craft beers lately, and they’re amazing! They come in unique flavors like fruity IPAs and rich stouts, often made with local ingredients.

Today I’m trying some beers from a brewery that’s new to me, the Windsor & Eton brewery. This one is a dry hopped lager. On pouring the beer is crystal clear, a lovely golden colour and is effervescent but produced no head, none whatever. Served chilled there’s almost no aroma, just a hint of hops (floral) and maybe cracker malt? The flavour is clean and the hops are evident, not fruity, more floral and resin. The malt is white bread crust and bitterness is probably toward the higher end of the range. Nice.

IMG_7202.jpeg

Back