What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian dubbel
Getting there
The head is spot on.
IMG_1813.jpeg

Went to a garden party yesterday/last night/this morning. Lots of food, lots of beer, lots of friends - some old some new, live music. Today we hosted a family BBQ for our oldest grandsons 18th. They’ve all left now, wife and I stretched out on the sofas in a self-imposed recovery position! I’ve moved on from beer to port. We’ve also been treated to several low flying Spitfire's today so all in all a really good weekend for us.

IMG_6886.jpeg

Waiting for the Kamado to heat up and decided to have a bitter when I got a visitor.

View attachment 101084

View attachment 101085
We have a hedgehog too, the foxes let the hedgehog have his fill from the food my wife puts out before they tuck in! 😂

Edit: A bloody great heron just fly over our garden like some kind of oversized Pterodactyl, it went dark for a moment as he flew over! 😂

Last edited:
I did a wit as well, but mine didn't attenuate fully and was a bit too sweet and lacking body at a result. Sometimes M21 works out well for me, sometimes it doesn't. Which yeast did you use @The-Engineer-That-Brews ?
Thanks for the kind comments and I'm very glad if it went down well athumb..
As for yeast, I pitched it with some of the slurry from my Dubbel. My intention was to have used WY-3944 (Belgian Witbier) in the Dubble, but the pack I received from THBS was showing absolutely no activity after 28 hours... so I sprinkled a sachet of Lallebrew 'Belgian Style Wit' which went off like a train!

Hey guys. This was last night's drinks etc. in World of Beer. Haven't managed to get many pics so far but will try harder now.

I had a beer flight and then a limoncello mojito cocktail. The food was shrimp tacos with beer cheese on the side (so good!) 😍

We are going to a barbecue place today and I'm looking forward to that.

20240623_200639.jpg
20240623_195148.jpg
20240623_221508.jpg

Hey guys. This was last night's drinks etc. in World of Beer. Haven't managed to get many pics so far but will try harder now.

I had a beer flight and then a limoncello mojito cocktail. The food was shrimp tacos with beer cheese on the side (so good!) 😍

We are going to a barbecue place today and I'm looking forward to that.

View attachment 101105View attachment 101106View attachment 101107
I misread that as beer fight at first. I was thinking - must be a good do :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back