Virgin brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garylewis1966

Reaction score
:thumb: Hi all. Gary from Portsmouth. Only got into ale about 3 years ago and still love a good lager. Done the Real Ale Train from Alton last 2 years and got a crew together for a brewery tour in a few weeks (Oakleaf in Gosport). Just started 1st ever brew, Young's lager starter kit that has double the quantity of malt and yeast it should and, in my ignorance, whacked it all in. Looking forward to how it turns out -I assume stronger?

Hi and welcome! Dumping 2 cans in instead of 1 will improve this kit no end! Hope you didn't put sugar in as well otherwise it'll be super strength!

carl_saint, I put in 1kg brewing sugar. You're worrying me now,Ii like a kronenburg but sounds like it'll be stroner still! Live and learn. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers all

garylewis1966 said:
I put in 1kg brewing sugar. You're worrying me now,Ii like a kronenburg but sounds like it'll be stroner still! Live and learn. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers all

Welcome to the forum...

2 tins plus the sugars going to be fairly strong but not looney juice.... 6 ~ 7% 'ish... Will probably need longer to condition due to the extra strength but should be fine !

:cheers:

Back