trying something different,Prohibition Cherry Brandy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WombRaider

Reaction score
hi im thinking of trying Prohibition Cherry Brandy ,if anyone has tried this kit i would be gratefull for any comments.
thanks in advance. stu

Hi W.R....welcome to the forum, now for me I would'nt touch it with a barge-pole..it's not Brandy because it's fermented and not distilled...just a cherry taste....it's 14% maybe 18% wine thats all.. :(

Why not spend your money on a beer kit and finish up with something you can drink??? :thumb:

Or, buy a bottle of cheap brandy (doesn't need to be good for this recipe, the cherries do the flavouring), get about 10 or so cherries for a 700ml bottle, stab them a bit, then chuck them in the brandy (minus stalks, without stones) and macerate the stuff for about 3-6 at least, a year as preferable. Transfer to another container, via a funnel lined with filter paper (coffee filter's do the trick!) ...and! Hey presto, REAL cherry brandy. (And some disgustingly alcoholic and vile fruit ;) )
Pete

You've hit the nail on the head there P....when we lived in France we had cherry trees in the garden and just got hold of a couple of bottles of cheap Brandy fill the bottle with stoned cherries filled up with Brandy....and enjoy

Latest posts

Back