Top up 'me Wurzel's?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon john

Reaction score
OK, so it's my first attempt at WOW (and my first go at using my BIG Fermenting buckets that I picked up at the tip). I meant to stop the bugger at 1.00 but due to laziness missed it. It has gorn down to 0.992 so i racked it. My question is, oh wise gurus, should I top up the massive airspace in my 25l fermenting thingy? I didn't bother about the gap when the monster was "glooping" as I thought the C02 would eject all the nasty air. I have started putting together a pictorial record of my stumbling around in the wine making world - I would be grateful if one of you expert chappies would have a look at the picture at http://www.zenspell.co.uk/wurzelsorange8.html and let me know about the topping up (and anything else I have ballsed up). Sorry, I don't know if posting URLs is allowed - if not tell me, and I will never, ever, ever do it again! There's probb'ly a way of posting just the images but my brain is tired! Learning much from this great forum.

Ta muchly geezers

Simon

simon john said:
Sorry, I don't know if posting URLs is allowed - if not tell me, and I will never, ever, ever do it again!
Posting URLs is fine if it's relevant and isn't just unauthorised advertising.

I'm not sure about the link you posted, I really think they should all start from the beginning:

http://www.zenspell.co.uk/wurzelsorange1.html

THAT IS ABSOLUTEY BLOODY FANTASTIC! :thumb: :clap: :lol:

And no, it's in a sealed fermenter under airlock, there's too much space to top up, it will have generated a bit more CO2 so leave it alone for another week or so and don't keep taking the lid off.

Ta Moley. I'm glad I don't need to top it up - as you say it would need a lot of topping. I will update the 'comic' in a week or two - hopefully with smiley contented faces!

Cheers
Simon

Back