These Ales of Wonder - 12th October 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All brewers have fridges, right?

If you win at These Ales of Wonder, one of these lovely magnetic awards will help remind you of your awesomeness every time you walk by.

Attachments

• PXL_20241002_161546873.jpg
    PXL_20241002_161546873.jpg
    64 KB
Yeah, as a woman I agree with that sentiment! I think I may enjoy being a judge, but I live way up in the Highlands and even getting beers to try all the styles ,let alone to make it to competitions is an expensive pain.
I only recently realised that couriers charge so much extra for Highlands and Islands. Do Scottish Craft Brewers ever run the tasting exam?

If you ever fancy coming down to one of ours, my wife and I will happily host you - take a few days and explore. This year Vicky from Chile is staying with us.

The hardest callibration beers to source for this comp were the Irish Styles. Post brexit it is REALLY hard to buy from Eire. Fortunately, the lovely people at Carlow Brewing (who make the world class O'Hara beers) sorted us out.

One of the These Ales of Wonder Homebrew Comp tasks I am enjoying is sourcing callibration beers.

For some reason it isn't easy atm to buy goods directly from Eire, so I reached out to the Carlow Brewing Company they couldn't have been more helpful.

Here are 3 bottles of their world class Irish Extra Stout 'Leann Follain'. I wonder who will get the judge the Irish Beer Table? All the calibration beers are from Carlow: O'Hara's Red Ale, Stout and Extra Stout.

Attachments

• PXL_20241007_174539731.jpg
    PXL_20241007_174539731.jpg
    112.3 KB
Back