THERMOSTATIC HEATER WIRING HELP !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Bloody caps on the keyboard again, sorry guys :oops:

Anyway, I want to try a thermostatic heater (aquarium heater) in my FV, and run the cable through a grommet to reduce the chance of infection ... do you clever guys know of a pushfit connector I could use for speed and convenience, so I can cut the cable and fit the connector inline?

cheers all

:cheers:

No need to make holes or anything bud!
just use a square plastic storage bin, attach the water heater as in an aquarium
fill with water with the brew bucket youve made up inside it until it covers the heater elements or as
high as the walls are, turn on water heats up this transfers into the bucket i use 100w heaters.
once at temp they come on for about 5 mins and go off for 15mins temp inside brewbucket is 23 to 24 cent.
by doing this at no time is the brew exposed to the outside world except when it would normally be and they are cheap to run too. also they can take kegs at the priming stage to warm up for 2 days or so to get the priming going before moving somewhere cooler to finish off.
i have various styles of buckets and all seem to fit in my sqaure container just get a big un.
hope this has been helpful.
:cheers: :drink:

Latest posts

Back