The Homemade Pizza Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the Nexgrill Ora from Costco. I leave it on high for 15-20 mins to heat up.

The dough is made by hand since our breadmaker died.
I can't remember the temperature but it's in there for maybe 5+ mins.

How do you create dough that's smooth and not lumpy and sticky?

We've tried following the videos but when it's cooked it doesn't rise.

That is nothing to do with ovens and temps.

Show me your recipe and timings.
No knead method get a smooth dough in about 15mins, the rest is proving (and knowing what you have)

Share the details and we can fix it.

If it’s not bubbling, heat will be a factor won’t it? That’s what my early research suggest hence the cook time of 60-90 seconds.
The cook time depends on the oven temperature. If it will get to 450 centigrade the pizza will cook that quickly. An ordinary domestic oven will only get to about 250 centigrade and the pizza could take 5 minutes to cook.

My domestic cooker only goes to iirc 240c,a large,12" plus pizza takes longer than 5 minutes. The base is light,"puffs up" in enough places and is crispy. The dough is made in the bread machine on "dough" setting and is left to prove before being pushed out to be placed on perforated steel pizza trays. I'm doing some tomorrow night so will post what I'm up to...if I remember!

The cook time depends on the oven temperature. If it will get to 450 centigrade the pizza will cook that quickly. An ordinary domestic oven will only get to about 250 centigrade and the pizza could take 5 minutes to cook.

Yes, I understand that completely. Hence why I was asking which oven.

Another tip. If using domestic oven. Put a big slab of cooking stone in there. Preheat it thoroughly. Makes an incredible difference, so much better that pans or thin "pizza stone"

Back