The Barge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On paper yes, I believe the reality is very different.
What you believe is irrelevant the fact is -

Throughout this thread Bosch has said several times you cannot apply unless you come to the UK as I have now proved this is not the case.

Not irrelevant, if it was that easy people would be doing that rather than risking their lives bobbing over the channel on a paddleboard and paying through the nose to do so.

Throughout this thread Bosch has said several times you cannot apply unless you come to the UK as I have now proved this is not the case.
Is that what you did?

Apologies, I thought you just copy/pasted articles

Not irrelevant, if it was that easy people would be doing that rather than risking their lives bobbing over the channel on a paddleboard and paying through the nose to do so
It's not easy as explained in the article I posted did you even bother to read it, the fact is saying you cannot apply unless you are here is not true.

And if you don't come from one of the very few countries that we have designated as worthy?
I don't have the answer to that all I am saying is saying no one can apply unless they land on our shores is wrong.

As we are going round in circles I will try to move this on -

What is the answer to the problem of the boat people risking their lives to come here do we admit we cannot stop them coming so when they land if caught put them on barges or do we try to stop them and if it's the latter how?

You have proved that this IS the case. There is no legal way a refugee can flee danger at home and take him or herself, unannounced, to British soil to claim asylum. Your 7 fantasies demonstrates this with absolute clarity.
At least Bosch and a very few others here know what they're talking about.
I've read posts on this thread that, frankly, disgust me. And please don't tell me I don't have to read them. I like to know who I'm associating with.

I don't have the answer to that all I am saying is saying no one can apply unless they land on our shores is wrong.

As we are going round in circles I will try to move this on -

What is the answer to the problem of the boat people risking their lives to come here do we admit we cannot stop them coming so when they land if caught put them on barges or do we try to stop them and if it's the latter how?
Good.
You allow refugees to claim refuge. You then assess whether their claim is genuine. If it is you accept them. If it isn't you deport them. You do the former as quickly as possible, which does not involve sticking them in hotels or on barges for years on end for political ends. No other country does this apart from, perhaps, Australia. When accepted, you allow them to work, and to contribute to the good of the country. Maybe, when things settle down at home, they'll want to go back- if there;s anything to go back to. Maybe not. One thing's for sure, the majority will prove to be had working people who want to make a go of it and a new start. Who else do you think is going to pay your pensions and your kids pensions? Try looking at what's happening in more civilised countries for a change. You'll find the answers there.

Try looking at what's happening in more civilised countries for a change. You'll find the answers there.
Behold the the more civilised French solution. I'd rather be on the barge going on day trips and having a nice place to sleep.
GettyImages-590120680.jpg

My view is, the processing of these people would be a lot quicker if they came with a passport, so those who destroy their documents are in fact making it harder for others to gain legal status, like i said genuine people i have no objection to what so ever there are quite a few round were i live all nice decent friendly people

My view is, the processing of these people would be a lot quicker if they came with a passport, so those who destroy their documents are in fact making it harder for others to gain legal status, like i said genuine people i have no objection to what so ever there are quite a few round were i live all nice decent friendly people

You mean they aren't all hiding in the bushes ogling schoolgirls and selling drugs as the papers would have you believe???

You mean they aren't all hiding in the bushes ogling schoolgirls and selling drugs as the papers would have you believe???
Obviously not all but some are doing far worse (Skegness & Newquay as recent examples) and when people arrive here with no documentation they shouldn't be allowed to wander freely amongst the public. It's not racist, xenophobic or whatsoever to expect the government to protect our wives, daughters & sisters from people showing up here with bad intentions.

Good.
You allow refugees to claim refuge. You then assess whether their claim is genuine. If it is you accept them
How do they get here?

775 came by boat yesterday the highest number ever in one day.

Last edited:
Not irrelevant, if it was that easy people would be doing that rather than risking their lives bobbing over the channel on a paddleboard and paying through the nose to do so.
Perhaps they don't apply because they think they might get turned down so much easier to get in through through the backdoor and if they do not qualify disappear into the population as many have done previously

Obviously not all but some are doing far worse (Skegness & Newquay as recent examples) and when people arrive here with no documentation they shouldn't be allowed to wander freely amongst the public. It's not racist, xenophobic or whatsoever to expect the government to protect our wives, daughters & sisters from people showing up here with bad intentions.

I live 10 miles from Newquay, it was a load of made up ********.

I've read posts on this thread that, frankly, disgust me. And please don't tell me I don't have to read them. I like to know who I'm associating with.
Why would anyone tell you not to read them, would you like to share these posts that have offended you?

That's what desperation does
Desperate for what if they were persecuted genuine cases they would get in if they are economic migrants mainly single young males they will not apply to come so find other ways which is run by criminal gangs

Latest posts

Back