Tea wine Recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomersetBrewer

Reaction score
Ok Guys i thought i would add this to the mix. Its a recipe for tea wine i found on the net. I have just started to make this over the weekend and it all seems to be going ok so far.

Tea Wine Recipe..... :cheers:

Ingredients

1 gallon of tea (16 tea bags)
300 grams of raisins
1.36kg of sugar
The juice from 2 lemons and 1 orange
1 tsp of yeast

Day 1

Sterilise all the equipment first.
Carefully pour 1 gallon of boiling water into a fermentation bin.
Add the tea bags and stir.
Add the sugar, the lemons and the orange juice and stir.
Leave for about 15 minutes (the long you leave it the stronger it will be).
Fish out the tea bags.
When it has reached room temperature add the yeast.
Leave the mixture for a week stirring daily.

Once you have left this for 1 week then you rack into a Demi John and pop a air lock. Leave it until fully fermented. say about 7-20 days. Rack on into bottles and leave for about 2 months to mature. :drink:

Let me know how it goes. :hmm:

Thanks

SomersetBrewer

COYS

I did one using Earl Grey once it wasn't bad but now and then you could tell it was made from tea. Aging helps.

I made a gallon of tea wine as said in First Steps, made something similar to a Japanese Sake, but that was just tea (something like 8 bags, might have been more, can't remember off the top off my head), no raisins.

SomersetBrewer said:
Brewtrog said:
I made a gallon of tea wine as said in First Steps, made something similar to a Japanese Sake, but that was just tea (something like 8 bags, might have been more, can't remember off the top off my head), no raisins.

What was it like mate? :clap:
Brewtrog said:
made something similar to a Japanese Sake
Sadly waiting patiently till it has aged a year before i drink the last bottle.

You can't post pics here, only links to them. You have to put them up somewhere else.

SomersetBrewer said:
You must be able to post pics.

I have seen them on here.

Most posts have pictures.

It can be a direct "show the pic linked to" link (img src=http...), not just a "follow this link" link (http:...), but the pic itself has to be elsewhere.
If you have a pic hosted somewhere, get it up in your browser, copy and paste the link in the browser address bar to a post here, then highlight it and hit the IMG button. Usually works - but people sometimes run into trouble if their pics are hosted on one of those sites that try to cleverly guess what size you'd like it displayed, as what looks at first like a link to the pic is actually a link to some javascript. Nightmare!

SomersetBrewer said:
I have Pictures saved on my Laptop that i want to show what would i use for that?

Thanks

SB :D

Is your laptop set up as a web server?

Thought not.

You'll need to upload them to a hosting site of some sort. Did your ISP give you some free webspace? Many do. But then you'd have to know how to use ftp etc...
Get a photobucket account or something
I post pics I want to use to my blog and link to that

3c47b523-806e-4bb2-a8cf-6351de026047_zps670e4464.jpg

Latest posts

Back