Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never read about a member adding it after, it might be worth tasting it and see if its OK then drink it as it is and add it next time and compare.

Hum ... considering that I'll add bottling sugar (I like when it fizzes :P), I guess 'll add the tea at this moment. This way, I'll not add "more" oxygen than I normally would

I top up with a jug and a funnel and am not particularly careful when doing so, i have never had a wine spoil so you will be fine.

On the subject of adding tea/tannin late, I often do it weeks after fermentation is underway - sometimes because I forget at the start, sometimes because I want to first get it to a stage where I can taste it before I decide how much. I've never had a problem, though it can take a little longer for the tea taste to integrate afterwards.

Alan

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long while since I posted anything, I have a question, How do I achieve a CRISP DRY WINE using apple juice etc, I have tried most things but never quite get there.

Bill

Hi Bill, if you can get a litre of white grape juice and a litre of apple juice add 800g of sugar and the rest of the ingredients in the video HERE (add apple juice instead of orange juice) then let it ferment to .990 or lower if it will go you should end up with something you like.

You will need to let it ferment for 3+ weeks usually to get it dry, perhaps look at some of the gervin wine yeasts for one that might ferment out a bit quicker.

Started my first WOW today courtesy of all the info on this thread. :thumb:

It is into a 11.4L Pet, and because of this I got my amounts slightly wrong (are you all using 4.5L or 5L demijohns?)

Doubled Chippy's 1RGJ + 1 AJ OP recipe but ended up with sg of 11.5 %.

I pitched it at 24c 5 hours ago (was a bit warm from the syrup), then put it into my ferm fridge and set the temp to 20.5c.

I will be racking to another identical PET and therefore will have to top up making it even weaker. Is there something I can do now to maintain /up the strength (eg top up with actual rosé ..) or will it be ok ?

IMG_20160821_WA0004.jpg

All the best !

Disolve some sugar into hot water and add it in once its cooled down a bit, mix it in and check gravity, add more if needed until you hit the gravity you need.

Brilliant - thanks will do !

Edit - done - brought it to north of 1090 and hopefully no harm done.

Never brewed anything before so appreciate getting the help and experience off you guys.

How many litres of wine are these recipes supposed to make - 4.5l?
Eugh no wonder my measurements are awry.
Might start another today just to hedge up.

2 full litres of juice minimum will make a decent WoW of 4.5l (1 gallon, 6 standard wine bottles), you can add more juice to it if you want. If you are making larger amounts then you will need to multiply it out by the number of gallons you wish to make, so for eg, you would for 3 gallons (18 bottles) need a minimum juice content of 6 litres.

Latest posts

Back