Sterilising

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heyzy

Reaction score
Just a quick question, has anyone used baby sterilising fluid for sterilsing equipment as ive got 2 bottles left over that wont be used again.

I use it as it's easy to use and like you we had a load left over. Simples to use! And Tesco do an own-brand steraliser liquid for £1 for a big bottle, much cheaper than milton.

Thats great do u dilute it? Thats the stuff we had from tesco. Just notice in there homebrew section they have steriliser for £1.98 which is good.

I was using it for a while when I first stated , just make sure you rinse several times or it can leave a nasty taste in your brew , I never had a problem other than that

You will need to rinse as the chlorine compounds in the steriliser which react with the phenols in the hops to produce TCP like flavours :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heyzy said:
Thats great do u dilute it? Thats the stuff we had from tesco. Just notice in there homebrew section they have steriliser for £1.98 which is good.

I dilute it as per the instructions on the bottle. And as others have stated give a good rinse off in fresh water.

Latest posts

Back