Sterile Air Filters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
While Santa was shopping at Cole Parmer for my new pH meter, he slipped in some Autoclaveable HEPA filters . . . . I do not need all 10 in the box, so I have 6 up for grabs at a cost of £6 each plus postage . . . which is a lot less than Hop and Grape are selling them (11.95 :shock:)

I use one on my air pump for flushing the conicals during yeast starter prep, I normally replace this on an annual basis , and one on the Air inlet during wort transfer . . . . . which I normally replace every other brew as I contaminate it with wort every other brew :twisted: otherwise I would reckon on it lasting 6 - 10 brews

Aleman said:
which I normally replace every other brew as I contaminate it with wort every other brew :twisted: otherwise I would reckon on it lasting 6 - 10 brews
I've managed not to bugger one up for ages since I made the bit of tubing between the inline fitting and the filter a bit longer (and always made sure the air pump was on BEFORE the beer one).

Oh, I'll take two BTW.

Latest posts

Back