South Wales Meet Up (canceled)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will12283

Landlord.
Reaction score
We are looking to arrange another meet up this time in Cardiff.

We are looking at Sunday the 18th as this misses the bank holiday weekend.

Fire island bar is a craft beer bar so thought it would be appropriate for us home brewers.
website and menu here

Tiny rebel brewery, Bristol Beer Factory, Dark Star Brewing Co. and Redemption brewing Company are just a few of the craft brewery's that on sale.

Myself and welshpaul will be attending hope to see a few others there too :thumb:

Hey, I'd be up for this meet up, despite not being active on here much this year. However I'm away on that date in France with the band.

I'm definitely up for future Welsh meet ups though. Fire Island is a great bar, but the City Arms opposite is better in my opinion.

The Goatreich said:
Hey, I'd be up for this meet up, despite not being active on here much this year. However I'm away on that date in France with the band.

I'm definitely up for future Welsh meet ups though. Fire Island is a great bar, but the City Arms opposite is better in my opinion.

Cool what type of music do you guys play?

Would any other date be better for you?

Hi Guys,

Was just browsing through and spotted this post, i went to go to fire island last night but it was shut and no lights on.

Ended up talking to a guy outside who informed me that they had shut down, so double check before you go to make sure!

msilcocks said:
Hi Guys,

Was just browsing through and spotted this post, i went to go to fire island last night but it was shut and no lights on.

Ended up talking to a guy outside who informed me that they had shut down, so double check before you go to make sure!

That's quick only been open a few months as far as I know

That is indeed quick! I wondered what happened to it as it seemed an up and coming place on the Cardiff nightlife. Their Facebook page confirms that it is closed, which is a tremendous shame since it was one of the only places that I know of that takes a more modern approach to real ales.

So any other suggestions for venues? I'm still flexible with dates other than the 10/11th.

There is always zero degrees, it's not cheap but good beer and good food.

Not many craft bars in Cardiff, so any other ideas would be more than welcome

Due to lack of time and interest in this meet up have decided to cancel it and try again for some time in September

It's not really related to this topic, but FYI, Fire Island has been bought up by the Tiny Rebel Brewery and is set to re-open in September! :)

WelshPaul said:
It's not really related to this topic, but FYI, Fire Island has been bought up by the Tiny Rebel Brewery and is set to re-open in September! :)

:thumb:

Might be the place for a meet up in September then

Yep, end of September it's due to be reopening, and if the Tiny Rebel beer festival last weekend was anything to go by it should be the place to go for craft beer in South Wales.

Back