soda stream gas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuggitmv

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is there any way to fit soda stream gas to a corny keg as it is alot more available than the midget widget gas that i have been using? Basically, i saw it recommended online - brought the soda stream gas, tried to fit it to a midget widget top and knackered the thread on the midget widget top! ouch... :oops: so am a bit stuck now any ideas :wha:

either put a s30 valve in lid of corni or a neat thing i saw today was an adaptor on sodastream bottle which when pushed against gas in peg filled cornie with gas

If you have the S30 adaptor for the sodastream bottle, just push the extended, hollow pin of that into/onto the gas disconnect valve on the cornie - that should be enough to depress the ball valve in the centre of the disconnect, while also triggering the release of gas from the sodastream cylinder. I've seen it done, but never tried it myself.

nuggitmv said:
tried to fit it to a midget widget top and knackered the thread on the midget widget top! ouch... :oops: so am a bit stuck now any ideas :wha:

How did you knacker it, I use mine for SS bottles all the time.

i have the 60l size bottle is this the same.i tryed to cut the thread and got so far before it was stuck and now striped the thread and now they dont fit :oops:

the thread on the bigger, new, sodastream bottles is TOTALLY different from the old style bottle - there are adaptors out there, but they're hellish expensive.....

You can still get the old style sodastream cylinders at home brew shops :thumb:

Ahh haven't used the newer size SS cylinders, I have a selection of the older ones (Car boots are best for buying them, I once got 3 empty + 2 full + a SS for £4!)

As BigYin says I get my refills at my "local" HB shop (only 80 mile round trip!)

i was thinking it looked a bit big to fit( no pun please lol) if i got to go to home brew shop i may as well get the miget ones thanks any way for all the help :thumb:

Latest posts

Back