Six Nations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes well done to Scotland, although I was sorry Italy had to loose. I would have liked them to have got their on the trot win.

Is Sergio Parisse the Rugby player of the decade ? It seems like forever commentators have been saying he would be in the World Top Team.

Wales v France....oh dear France lost again...... will it be the start of the long knives for some of the French players...Michalak for instance.

It was a hard game to watch, but the result for Wales was good.

and its WALES, not WHALES as the family shown in the crowd had written on their foreheads !. :D

Very tough game today, we haven't won in Dublin for 10 years. It will be a close game, lets just hope Farrell continues his excellent kicking record, it could come down to discipline.

Then again, Twelvetrees has retained his place leaving Tuilagi on the bench, can you imagine the look on the Irish back line when he comes on with a point to prove? I can't wait!

Was never going to be pretty, but rugby is not very often pretty :!:

Last weekend was a weekend where you could get someone interested, this wekend was more for digging in and getting a result.

However, as always, its a bloody interesting game :thumb:

Cian Healy should be up before the citing committee and be banned for his stamping and overly aggressive play :!:

Yes he nearly lost it a couple of times during the game. I half expected him being withdrawn at half time.
A bit of a dire game but the result that England needed was obtained, so alls well that ends well.... :D

Is it me but is Courtney Laws a bit of a wasted space as far as England rugby is concerned ? Fair to say I'm not one of his most ardent fans..again Mike Brown impressed, he's getting as good as Rob Kearney these days....

piddledribble said:
Yes he nearly lost it a couple of times during the game. I half expected him being withdrawn at half time.
A bit of a dire game but the result that England needed was obtained, so alls well that ends well.... :D

Is it me but is Courtney Laws a bit of a wasted space as far as England rugby is concerned ? Fair to say I'm not one of his most ardent fans..again Mike Brown impressed, he's getting as good as Rob Kearney these days....

The thing is, Lawes is only nearly 24. For a second row that is very young and he still has some maturing to do in the role. He is an absolute unit and has played very well for his club. Give him a couple of years for the World Cup and see what level he is at then, I see a potential great player in the making.

As for the game, as I expected, it came down to discipline. Ireland were very dirty in the first half and were lucky to remain playing with 15. Scrappy but I'm very happy with the win!

Who do I speak to to get the 80 minutes of my life back that I wasted watching the Ireland vs England game?

:D :D

I bet you had some homebrew, so it wasn't entirely wasted.....

I was in the pub for that one as I'd been sat at home all day Saturday making a brew. Even beer couldn't make that match interesting!

there's a " highlights " video available on BBC news if you want............ :clap: :clap:

Cian Healy is to appear before the citing committee on Wednesday for stamping :!: don't know how the ref missed it on Sunday, it was right in front of him, however Ireland lost despite Healy remaining on the pitch, think it's time the TMO could advise the ref in these situations :idea:

Italy certainly missed Parrise today, the England France game was always going to be tight, but England came good in the last quarter :thumb:

Tomorrows game should be entertaining :!:

jonewer said:
Well done to Scotland for winning against every stat. I cant imagine how the Irish team must feel.

The first half was really tough to watch. Going in 3 down at the break was such a let off. Played a bit better in the 2nd half but the main difference was that Scotland took their chances.

Can't believe the grit shown to come away with the big W, I'll take it every day of the week though :D

I worked Saturday and managed to get through till today without knowing the scores. Have now watched all the games on sky and wow what a weekend of rugby !

OOOh " Le miserables " tonight...... ha haaa...am so glad.

The general feeling down here (South Wales) is that now they can't win all 6 all that's left is to stop England from doing it...

This is the one time of year I stop being Yorkshire / British and admit that there may be some English blood in my veins, so yes, I was cheering for the French* :D

* in my defence, the Welsh will cheer anyone playing against England most of the time, it's not serious, but it can be annoying after nearly 2 decades ;) :D

ScottM said:
jonewer said:
Well done to Scotland for winning against every stat. I cant imagine how the Irish team must feel.

The first half was really tough to watch. Going in 3 down at the break was such a let off. Played a bit better in the 2nd half but the main difference was that Scotland took their chances.

Can't believe the grit shown to come away with the big W, I'll take it every day of the week though :D

Main difference? Scotland had them at the line-outs. Hard to score when you lose possession every time the ball goes into touch. Ireland also just couldnt finish. Dropped passes, missed kicks, etc.

Not knocking Scotland at all, but it was more a case of a game that Ireland lost rather than one that Scotland won.

jonewer said:
ScottM said:
jonewer said:

Main difference? Scotland had them at the line-outs. Hard to score when you lose possession every time the ball goes into touch. Ireland also just couldnt finish. Dropped passes, missed kicks, etc.

Not knocking Scotland at all, but it was more a case of a game that Ireland lost rather than one that Scotland won.

Exactly. I'm not sure if you are agreeing with what I've said or disagreeing what I've said and then backed up what I've said with all your points :shock:

Scotland couldn't get out their own half and Ireland threw away chance after chance by being clumsy, not being on point with the line outs, kicking when they should be throwing and pushing for a try when they could score easily from a penalty.

If they had taken their chances, even just their chances in the first half, and not fumbed at every opportunity then they would have been out of sight before half time even came.

Latest posts

Back