Razback IPA cockup!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewer31

Reaction score
i've just been brewing Razorback IPA festival ale kit (2nd time i've done this kit, its great) , but i have a made a MAJOR COCKUP!

i've misread the paper and after 15 days thought that the final gravity was correct at 1010, drained the fermentation bin cleaned it out and it is now racking in my secondary bin, trouble is the final gravity should be 1005!!!! (SCHOOL BOY ERROR, this is my 24th brew, i should have known better)

my question is:

Do i add another yeast to Finnish fermentation? (although i don't have the same yeast type, just a generic beer yeast from wilko.)

or rack it and bottle it?

your wisdom please!

regards,
Mark

Just leave as is. You've just racked off the lees (dead yeast) and any live yeast cells will still be active as it will be when you prime for bottling. I've brewed 2 of these kits and they both took 23 days at 20 - 24 degrees C.

Now if you'd bottled instead of racked you may have had a few bottle bombs when the weather warms up!

Edit: Apologies, I read it as Evil Dog IPA for some reason. Same applies although I've deleted my comment about that brew and I'll add that the Razorback is my best brew to date which finished at 1.002 after 23 days.

Not impressed myself but I bought two kits based on the favourable reviews on here. 3 months in the bottle and hardly a hint of hops although I used the hops from both kits in the first one and dry hopped the second.

Latest posts

Back