Quick connects - which ones and where to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokeyjon

Reaction score
Hi

I am setting up a nano brewery with a friend and have successfully bought everything I need, but I am really struggling with sorting out how to do the quick connects for the hoses. We are using 1/2" tubing and have a March May pump and my ideal would be to be able to quickly clip/unclip the hosing to allow me to switch configuration on the fly.

There are quite a few references to John Guest fittings, but I can't find anything that shows how they actually work. The are a few Hoselock fittings, but they're not food grade and are designed form cold water use. I can find brass Hoselock stuff, but it's pricey.

I short, does anyone have a suggestion of what I should buy and (even better) where I should buy it?

Cheers

jokeyjon said:
Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should buy and (even better) where I should buy it?
One Word Stainless Camlock Couplings from Intrico (Ok Thats 5 Words :D) They are pretty much the DB's of connectors.

I have Male Hose Adapters (Part E) on all my hoses and Part B on all my Taps, and Part D On My MM809 Pump

It's a shock when you price up what you need . . . I'm currently running at 180 quids worth, and I still need to order some more :?

I use 15mm plastic push fit plumbing fittings.

OK, they aren't shiny, but they do the job.

All the ends of any pipes or taps have 15mm copper pipe on the ends, and I just use the push fit connectors to connect it up as and when I need to.

I have just bought a set like the ones recommended by Aleman, but I went Aluminium, which were just under half the price of stainless. :) Yes I know ss is nice and "better" on a number of fronts, but I could not justify £82, but its personal choice.
They do work really well and make brewing that much more pleasurable, not having things leaking and easy to swap bits about. :D
S

Missed this bit :roll:

There are quite a few references to John Guest fittings, but I can't find anything that shows how they actually work
These are the ones (lhs). If you make all the tube outlets on your brewery 15mm copper/steel you simply push these on :thumb:
You can normally find them on E-bay ;)

Thanks for all being so helpful on a newbie's first post! :clap: I might follow Springer's route and try to keep the cost down by going alu rather than stainless. So easy to get seduced by the shiny kit. As it is I have been banging my head on the wall with learning how metric pipe sizes are external diameter and imperial are internal and other completely non-intuitive things.

Oe of these days I might be able to forget about DIY plumbing and wiring and actually brew some beer. :drink:

well I did try to buy alu version, but they are withdrawn at the mo, so have gone for the shiny kit. :thumb:

Vossy1 said:
I visited Calvin at Intrico today
Well there is no point going to see him and buy any stainless ones . . .V will have cleared him out . . . .just like he did last time :evil: :evil:

Vossy1 said:
I bet you're the same as Me A, always finding you need an extra couple of fittings for some reason :roll: .
Yeah, but for me it's a good bike ride out to Calvin's . . . . And then when you get there you find that the bits you want aren't in as
Calvin said:
"Your Mate" from Stockport ( :roll: ) was in yesterday, and cleared me out
:twisted:

Latest posts

Back