Questions, questions.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
First post - Been reading and scavenging for bits to start my brew kit. I have got a little stuck with the ASDA kettle elements, I'm using a keg for the HLT and boiler, but the metal keg cross section is thinner than the plastic kettle and thus the element will not tighten enough to prevent leaks, has anybody else had a similar problem - Was contemplating making an aluminium washer to increase the cross section then hope this would clamp up tight enough, but if anybody has any pointers / suggestions that would be great,
Cheers in advance
Pete

jenki said:
Hi All,
First post - Been reading and scavenging for bits to start my brew kit. I have got a little stuck with the ASDA kettle elements, I'm using a keg for the HLT and boiler, but the metal keg cross section is thinner than the plastic kettle and thus the element will not tighten enough to prevent leaks, has anybody else had a similar problem - Was contemplating making an aluminium washer to increase the cross section then hope this would clamp up tight enough, but if anybody has any pointers / suggestions that would be great,
Cheers in advance
Pete
did you have any problems with cutting the holes for the kettle elements ?? How about cutting the old kettle up and using the existing bit the element went through ?? just a thought i had for mine dunno if it will work let me no if you try it

Thanks for the prompt response, Did'nt have any problems cutting the holes it's just thinner, good suggestion re the old kettles, will have a look at butchering them tomorrow. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back