Prison brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maricel

Reaction score
Prison brew on the go!

All made with pure fruit juice, sugar and bread yeast...

548094_376588495717703_100000996681984_1086720_537278129_n.jpg

150099_376588442384375_100000996681984_1086719_855511099_n.jpg

mark1964 said:
:"Well i hope it tastes better than the last batch Godpa"

Hey, this is good ****!

I've brewed several batches of these simple wines. My latest recipe use's apple juice, brown sugar, honey and bread yeast.

It ferments within 2 weeks and clears in about another 2 weeks. I can't measure the alcohol content but, it's definitely got a kick to it.

It's cheap and very simple to make. It's also very drinkable...

:drink:

The crims here make something similar - although a muslim country they all make prison brews.
But they mix a fresh loaf into the mix as obviously they have no access to yeast. :sick: :shock:

I had to make the airlocks. They look a bit Heath Robinson but, they work well. They're made from industrial pneumatic couplings, 2 different size measuring jugs and half a chopstick.

You couldn't buy an airlock here if your life depended on it. I've given up on ever being able to make beer here because of the complete lack of ingredients.

Prison brew is so easy and cheap to make. Everything I need is available from the local supermarket. The bottles are 6 litre water containers and I reckon I’m getting a good drop of very alcoholic and very drinkable wine for about 60p/litre.

Now that I’m organised with the equipment and cleaning regime, it takes me about 30 minutes to make a 6 litre bottle. None of that cooking and boiling and fannying about... This is quick and easy and really hits the spot!

can it not be sent to you via the post, a single air lock in a letter is not going to get stopped at custons is it, i also know how to shift yeast and beer kits as well, i lived in saudi and the middle east for four years and we were never dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The airlocks, the yeast and the hops aren't the problem. They are light and cheap to ship if you have friends and family that can do that for you. I don't...

The problem is the barley grain. It's heavy and expensive to ship and there are all kinds of restrictions on importing seeds.

Alcohol is readily available here and I don't have to make myself but, old habits die hard. I like a challenge and the locals think It's amazing that I can make alcohol so simply. I have started a trend here and they're all at it now! It will probably end in my deportation...

Maricel said:
I like a challenge and the locals think It's amazing that I can make alcohol so simply. I have started a trend here and they're all at it now! It will probably end in my deportation...
:rofl:

I like your style! :cheers:

well if you want a supplier from blighty i am willing to help with your deportation. lol.

as for grains maybe a no no but what about the stuff in tins and bags etc,

we used to produce around 100 litres per week in beer and the same in wine and around 25 litres a week in polish spirit, and that was in saudi, lol admititly we were out in the desert building irrigation farms and one of the lads had worked out how to set up a central heating boiler as a still, the wines were done in 25 litre water barels and the beer was done with either grains or tins of "baked beans" sent from dearest mummy, all i had to do was pay to have the lables printed and rewrapped before posting.

quality stuff

hedgerow pete said:
we were out in the desert building irrigation farms and one of the lads had worked out how to set up a central heating boiler as a still

I think i'm more impressed that you managed to find a 'central heating boiler' in the middle of a desert in Saudi than the actual alcohol production...

Maricel said:
I think i'm more impressed that you managed to find a 'central heating boiler' in the middle of a desert in Saudi than
Gypsies would have beaten him to it over here.... lol

central heating boiler was more important than air conditioning, sun burn in the day time followed by frost bite at night, you lads have never bean in a dessert i take it, any way back to the air locks, send me you address and i will have a sort out of spare stuff at my end,

to produce the barley grains we use to buy large 25 kg bags and malt them ( badly) our selves.

the idea is simple enough, wet them up for a day, leave another few days, we want the roots growing from them to be ten Millimetres long then over then to malt them

Latest posts

Back