Pea wine?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked this off again today. Still got a little way to go to finish fermenting. Smells like pea. (in a good way)

PkYdGLQ.jpg

Ok, quick up-date

We have been wondering where this horrible smell was comming from. The dogs? maybe a mouse had died under the floor? It had a distinct putrid quality to it, mixed with a delicate bouquet of vomit.

I found the culprit. Pea wine.

I nearly lost my breakfast pouring it down the toilet. It was the consistancy of mucus.

I dont know what happened but I dont think I will try it again. :shock:

Ah well, I'll put it to the bottom of my "crazy stuff" list then, after the milk wine

OldPeculier said:
Ok, quick up-date

We have been wondering where this horrible smell was comming from. The dogs? maybe a mouse had died under the floor? It had a distinct putrid quality to it, mixed with a delicate bouquet of vomit.

I found the culprit. Pea wine.

I nearly lost my breakfast pouring it down the toilet. It was the consistancy of mucus.

I dont know what happened but I dont think I will try it again. :shock:
Damn, I had this down on my "to do" list. Oh well, I'll just leave the "Puking Pea" smiley
:sick:

I am guessing that there was a lot of organic matter suspended in the liquid. Although initial fermentation was rapid, it slowed right down and without sufficient alcohol to preserve it, it just rotted in the jar.

Thats my line of thinking anyway. Been making wines for 25 years and this is the first to fail so dramatically.

You don't know until you try......my tomato wine smelled like a pigs bum pipe :sick:

Latest posts

Back