Northern Craft Brewers Meet 29th October 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMumbler

Landlord.
Reaction score
Saturday October 29th 20011 The Sun Hotel and Bar, 63-65 Church Street, Lancaster, Lancs, LA1 1ET
This is a wheelchair friendly venue.

12pm for a 1pm Meeting,
lancssteve will be giving short talk-and-tasting event on Saisons and there will be a few Commercial and Home Brewed examples available to sample on the day.

Food is available to buy at the event, we are told the Platters are excellent.

Bottle swapping and sampling of members brews will be available and encouraged.

The bar is also well stocked with local beers from Lancaster Brewery and they also have a decent selection of bottled beer.

I know a few people from thbf are coming so I'll hope to see you there.

I missed the last one so it has been quite a while for me. Saltaire was the last time I got to one, so it'll be good to catch up. Not sure if we've met paulpj26.

We're going up today for a couple of nights, never been to Lancaster before so should be good.

If you have time you should check out Atkinsons coffee shop, they roast a variety of coffees and do know their beans. They also stock several teas and various spirits (usually some interesting single malts) as well as a few decent beers (it varies but they have had Orval, Schneider Tap 6 (Aventinus) and Brooklyn Black amongst others). They aren't especialy cheap but the stuff they sell is good.

Atkinsons is very near to the Sun. Turn left out of the front of the pub, cross the road at the lights and turn left, walk along the main one-way road (counter to the flow of traffic). It is about 1min walk along. You could probably just follow the smell or roast coffee, or occaisionally clouds of smoke.

Due to the fact that I took a walk down the coast this morning to visit the Adnams Brewery at Southwold, I will not be able to attend :(

However I will be in The White Hart in Blytheburgh this evening . . . Is it too soon for the old to be on :hmm: :hmm:

Well what a great meeting, lots of familiar faces. lots of beer, "a 2 mile walk along the canal path in the dark home!" some good food what more could you ask for :clap: :clap: :clap: :drunk:

Looking forward to the next meet in halifax in december :thumb: :thumb:

UP

Good to catch up with some people and meet some new faces. Next time no massive drinking session for me the night before...

I'll get to the Halifax meet unless I have a good reason not to. I ought to make the effort having dragged people to my side of the penines :)

Latest posts

Back