North West whisky festival announced.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First Kendal Whisky Festival announced.

A FESTIVAL celebrating whisky and showcasing Kendal businesses is set to make its debut in the town, it has been announced.

The inaugural Kendal Whisky Festival will feature distillers from across the UK and Europe.

Those attending the December event at Kendal Town Hall will have the opportunity to meet the distillers, take part in masterclasses and purchase their preferred drams.

Phil Walker, landlord of The New Union pub in the town and one of the organisers of the event, said: "I have been a huge fan of whisky and I am really excited to be part of the first whisky festival taking place in my home town of Kendal."

Dave Pennington, director of Kendal-based coffee and tea merchants Penningtons and also an organiser of the event, said the festival already had 'some amazing distillers on board'.

The main sponsor of the event is the UK arm of Mackmyra Swedish Whisky. The company said it was 'proud and honoured' to be giving its support.

The festival is about Kendal as well as whisky, with other businesses in the town set to feature - and discounts and tastings available for festival-goers.

The event is taking place on December 3 and 4 of this year.

Tickets will be available soon. Visit 'Kendal Whisky Festival' on Facebook for more information.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/19166376.whisky-festival-set-make-debut-kendal/

The only product I'm familiar with coming from Kendal are the mint cakes! clapaclapa

Its not famous for much else, maybe the number of dentists per head of population ;)

1616687522433.png
1616687819386.png

I have a feeling like Clint mentioned elsewhere this year is going to be a right off I think they will ease restrictions and we will have a spike they will panick and we will lock down again maybe not as hard and wide but it's going to be a long time before we see anything like normality return

Latest posts

Back