No rinse no foam sanitisers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm trying to move away from the expensive cleaners and sanitisers that are currently on the market aimed at us homebrewers. I m looking for something to use in my bucket blaster so ideally it needs to be non foaming. I have purchased some oxy active as a cleaner, but haven't tried it yet. What could I use as a no rinse no foam sanitisers? Is the oxy active OK to use on kegs and a fermzilla?
Advice greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20240930_113305.jpg
    20240930_113305.jpg
    41.7 KB
Truck wash (TFR) and a bog brush. Takes seconds. Rinse thoroughly.
Eee ... you do make it sound lovely 🤨

@Libigage,
Generic "Sodium Percarbonate" (in coated prills so they don't deteriorate) are usually cheaper, especially in bulk amounts, and is exactly what's in these "oxygen cleaners" but without the unnecessary junk (perfumes, etc.).

It's not "no-rinse". It's harmless after being mixed for 1/2 hour, but is highly alkaline and stinks of damp washing machines ... I don't understand why people insist it is "no-rinse". If used hot (40-60C, and you should as it makes it extra effective) the stuff does create foam!

Latest posts

Back