Next lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heyzy

Reaction score
Please can u advise,

I have done 2 lager kits which are the youngs lager and the coopers mexican cerveza, I want something inbetween the 2 but dont have now decided i dont want to try the coopers european lager till the weather warms up as my misses would go mad with the eggy smell.

I also want a lager kit thats a bit quicker so i can build my stocks up for summer. I was thinking of trying the coopera australian lager?

Yo Heyzy , I've done all the Coopers tin kits when i first started home brewing , the best one i came across was Coopers heritage lager , so if you get stuck for one to do ... give this one a try ;)

Hi dave,

Think i will try the heritage lager seems to have some good reviews, what did u brew it with?

Hi,

I have just bottled up the Coopers Canadian lager today, had a sneaky taste :) tasted like flat lager which I guess is no surprise, better wait until I give a full verdict.

Not sure if I did the measurements wrong but it had a OG of 1.050 and FG of 1.008 which comes out at 5.6% which seems a little strong :|

I was thinking of doing the european lager next too, but I am too impatient, struggle to wait 2 weeks before cracking open a few bottles. Might go for the heritage instead then. What would you say it tasted like??

giraffe said:
Hi,

I have just bottled up the Coopers Canadian lager today, had a sneaky taste :) tasted like flat lager which I guess is no surprise, better wait until I give a full verdict.

Not sure if I did the measurements wrong but it had a OG of 1.050 and FG of 1.008 which comes out at 5.6% which seems a little strong :|

I was thinking of doing the european lager next too, but I am too impatient, struggle to wait 2 weeks before cracking open a few bottles. Might go for the heritage instead then. What would you say it tasted like??

1.050 seems a little high for the Canadian Blonde. I've done this a couple of times and it was around 1.040. Did you add more fermentables than the recommended amount?

Might have taken the reading wrong, but I think I did it twice.

Didn't put any extra fermentable in (that I know of) used a 1KG Muntons beer enhancer which in hindsight wasn't the best option as it has now turned out a little darker than you would expect for a lager. But hopefully will be ok.

Latest posts

Back