The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somptingsaint

Reaction score
hi all thought i should say hello after being a member for a few weeks,
must say this is an excellent forum and have already used the chat facility for some advice on a stuck ferment(cheers big yin) :cheers:

so far i have made 40 pints of wherry and 40 of great eastern ale ,both woodfords(both stuck:()
the leaning curve is amazing ,who would have thought of fish tank heaters :shock:

it all came to a head last weekend when i striped one of my sheds out and prepared for my new hobby , includeing ripping the worktops out of the kitchen and replaceing them with new so i had wipeable surfaces in my brewary :lol: , Thrupneys brewery was born i will post pics if i can work it out :thumb:

currently on the go i have 80 pints of TC 40 of coopers cerveza and today i crafted 1 gallon of WoW and tried a varient with red grape instead of white so have a gallon of that aswell
i think i may have found my calling :drunk:

IMAG0163.jpg
home brewery :mrgreen:

IMAG0164.jpg
todays efforts :cheers:

Congrats, loads more kits available . brupacks , coopers, st peters ,thompson.
what a most enjoyable hobby !! :cheers: :drink:

paul

thanks guys :D
the red/rose is bubbling away but the orange/white has not started yet :cry:
have found more info on here than i can take in ,,cant wait to start some ales from dry ingredients :cheers:

raided my father in laws loft for 12 30 year old demijons and 3 more 5 gallon fermentors this evening , cheers grandpa :cheers:

somptingsaint said:
the red/rose is bubbling away but the orange/white has not started yet :cry:
I suggest you check that the lid is screwed on fully and that there's no leak between lid and airlock.

Looks to me like you've made quite an impressive start, and that's a nice haul of DJs for you to return to service.

I admire your attitude and enthusiasm :cheers:

just looking again at that pic.. one of your sheds... it looks pretty well set up in there.... I am still on the kitchen cabinet (and the dog house variably)

Back