new ispindel!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brill thanks. Just configured so just waiting for Brewfather to register the device.

One more question. Is it permanently connected to the wifi when on or does it only connect every 15 mins (or whatever you set in the iSpindel configuration) to upload a data point then disconnect? I cannot see the device connected to my wifi network under the connected devices list but it has transmitted data earlier this evening when connected to Ubidots before I switched to Brewfather.

Thanks.
No it is not permanently connected to your wi-fi

It switches itself on every 15 mins (or whatever time you have set) - connects to your wi-fi - transmits the data to Brewfather - then switches itself off again to conserve battery

Please let me know if the Brewfather link works

No it is not permanently connected to your wi-fi

It switches itself on every 15 mins (or whatever time you have set) - connects to your wi-fi - transmits the data to Brewfather - then switches itself off again to conserve battery

Please let me know if the Brewfather link works

Well last night I was on a high after the calibration process went quite smoothly..apart from the spillage of sugar water all over the kitchen surfaces and the subsequent clean up, but configured with Brewfather and the app wouldn't acknowledge the iSpindel. I left it overnight and this morning still nothing., I checked on the Brewfather app and stumbled across two notifications...the first was to use Port 80 - there was no port setting in my iSpindel configuration settings, and to use the 2nd degree polynomial from the calibration because Brewfather can't seem to work with the 3rd degree polynomial. I made these two changes and my iSpindel immediately showed in the app. So looks all good. The only remaining concern is that now against the status it says 'ignored'. not sure what that means but will leave it for half a day and see if it starts logging every 15 minutes.

Well last night I was on a high after the calibration process went quite smoothly..apart from the spillage of sugar water all over the kitchen surfaces and the subsequent clean up, but configured with Brewfather and the app wouldn't acknowledge the iSpindel. I left it overnight and this morning still nothing., I checked on the Brewfather app and stumbled across two notifications...the first was to use Port 80 - there was no port setting in my iSpindel configuration settings, and to use the 2nd degree polynomial from the calibration because Brewfather can't seem to work with the 3rd degree polynomial. I made these two changes and my iSpindel immediately showed in the app. So looks all good. The only remaining concern is that now against the status it says 'ignored'. not sure what that means but will leave it for half a day and see if it starts logging every 15 minutes.
Great news, you are nearly there

In your Brewfather menu there should now be an option called devices. Just check your Ispindel is listed there

Any readings it takes will be ignored until you attach the device to a brew.

When you have a brew fermenting you need to click on the devices button on the fermenting tab for that batch. I.e Not the devices link on the main BF page

Choose your device, from then onwards all readings will be assigned to that brew until you detach it again

It will show ignored if you are transmitting under 15 mins which you would of been during calibration. You change the time in the iSpindel setup.

Latest posts

Back