new fermenting bukets question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubthumper

Regular.
Reaction score
I got some new fermenting buckets the other week from here
only problem and i found this out the last brew i did is that they are not air tight so now got a coopers stout kit on the go and am wondering about the secondary fermanting before I bottle it what probs will I get from not having it under an air lock
otherwise I got 3 buckets for converting to boilers to sell on

I got that deal too! The way i see it is as long as no creepy crawlys can get in it shouldnt be a problem. The fermentation should be a one way deal and as long as it isnt disturbed much and the temperature kept constant it should be fine.

not bothered about primary so i was going to try silicon in the recces in the lid see if that works a clingfilm round it didnt, anyway thanks for answer

Very few fermenting buckets are gas-tight, that's why drilling the lids for airlocks and bungs is a pretty pointless exercise.

It's not a problem :thumb:

maybee i have been lucky in the past then as every other one I have had has been airtight its a shame I didnt keep them and not put elements in them , they were allways the strongest buckets

ok will try the silicon in the lid first then if that dont work they will become my plater buckets and I will stick to younges bucets in future all those are air tight

Latest posts

Back