my first boiler!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
looking to go from kits to AG in the very near future - so thought i`d see if freecycle could help me do it on the cheap!! :party:

so a few weeks ago put a want on for a boiler/tea urn - thought it was worth a go before investing in probably a plastic boiler first (really like the shiny Burco boiler though!! :) )

so heard nothing - thought i`d try again and got lucky!!!!

it`s not very pretty but it`s gonna work a treat:

1IMGP1479300x225.jpg

it holds around 45 litres safely - gave it a scrub and turned it on with 30 litres of cold water in,
took around 45mins to reach 75degrees - and just over an hour ten minutes to come to a rolling sustained boil!

2IMGP1483.jpg
1IMGP1489.jpg

there is a screw on plate with holes that goes over the element - i hope to do 60pint brews in her!!
just goes to show what you can get for nothing - i am so pleased with this and can`t wait to start my first AG - just need to make my mash tun then ready to go!!! :twisted:

here`s the plate that fits over the element - hopefully i can fit a hop strainer to this and when i run my sparge water off i`ll boil my wort and hops in the back garden - might even buy a wort chiller with the money i saved with this find!!!

IMGP1486300x225.jpg

i cannot beleave my luck, after seeing the pic on this thread, it jogged my memory to when i moved into my house a few years back and found this in the loft

10102009059300x225.jpg

wow :clap:

you just need a mash tun and you can start AG brewing!!! I`m just waiting for my cool box to be delivered so i can convert it and do my first Ag brew!!! Yours looks a bit shinier then mine!!! :cheers:

yeah the element had no scale on at all dont think its ever been used :grin: gonna do me mash tun soon then im on for a brew of buzzbee ale or other type of honey beer any ideas

Eskimobob's Buzzbee Bitter out of the reicpes above Is bloody lovely!! I made 25 ltr and it went with 2 weeks after maturing!

I'm gonna post on my local freecycle for one of these.......then flog it to you b*ggers on here !!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back