My AG setup build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifebrewer

Reaction score
Well first off I'm new to this forum so hello.

I have wanted to build an AG setup for some time but never really got round to it however reading the other build posts give me the push I needed to start building.

I do have some limitations. first off I live in a tiny flat with not much storage space so it had to be small when packed away. It also had to be tide as the other half would not be very happy if there was brewing equipment lying around the flat. Secondly and possibly most importantly it had to be as cheep as possible as I am currently students so we don't have to much disposable income.

unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the actual build but hear gos anyway.

photo-1_zps829b3870.jpg

This is the equipment I had at the start of the build apart from the shelves which where £10 from Ikea

photo1_zps4773b23a.jpg

I used some insulation from B&Q to make to mash tun

photo2_zps3ad920c5.jpg

Temp controllers

photo3_zps8d34f62c.jpg

My DIY counterflow wort chiller. As you can see it not finished yet as I am still waiting for some parts I ordered of ebay

photo5_zps5a33f8fd.jpg

Read view of the setup

photo6_zpsec2a3516.jpg

View of the almost complete setup

photo4_zps1277d6f8.jpg

All packed away and with room to spare for some extra shiny things (Corny kegs? :thumb: )

and thats it for now just waiting for the last few bits then its brewing time (possibly a landlord clone).

Thanks for looking

Welcome to the forum, and what a great build.
Very neat and tidy and packs away beautifully, she has nothing to moan at.... :D

but she will...they all do....

Thank you very much for the replies. Sorry BrewDan I don't know what the final cost was as I had some of the bit and bobs from other projects. Plus I don't really want to work it out :?

so wots your first A/G brew going to be :D :thumb:

fifebrewer said:
Thank you very much for the replies. Sorry BrewDan I don't know what the final cost was as I had some of the bit and bobs from other projects. Plus I don't really want to work it out :?

tazuk said:
so wots your first A/G brew going to be :D :thumb:

fifebrewer said:

I think it might be the Timothy taylor landlord clone from graham wheelers book. just about to hit order on the ingredients :party:

its a tasty beer just about to bottle my 2nd brew in next couple of days

one slight improvement suggestion..... 4 little castors on the legs to assist in moving it around...

Looks great. Well done. Is that PID covered at the back? Lots of live wires back there. But great use of your limited space. :thumb: Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

I did think about putting castors on the bottom but it is so light when packed down I didn't think they where needed. Yes the wiring dose need some improvement as I say its not quite finished yet. I would like to get my hands on some sort of electrical junction box to house all the controls but the budget is empty at the moment :cry:

As above. Where abouts are you? there's a few of us from the Kingdom.

I'm from Kdy.

K

Back