Most interesting thing you've ever seen in beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Templar

Reaction score
A friend of mine has just quit his day job and started up a beer shop in Shoreditch, selling properly local brews. I've just popped in there and saw the following bottle, which has an ingredient that struck me as quite unusual:

IMG_20131129_143419_zps76546614.jpg

IMG_20131129_143504_zps5aafac75.jpg

As you can see - it's been brewed with an actual christmas tree! Anyway, I've no idea what it tastes like yet, but it got me thinking: what is the weirdest thing you've ever brewed with OR seen/tasted a beer brewed with? The weirdest ones may need proof before I'll believe!

Can't see the pictures, but I assume that's the new Artbrew one. I love those guys! And, yep - they just stuck a whole Christmas tree in the boil kettle :twisted:

I've been drinking a few bottles of Wild Beer Co. Schnoodlepip recently. it's frickin' awesome!

"Pink peppercorns + Barrels + Passionfruit + Hibiscus"

http://wildbeerco.com/2013/07/23/shnoodlepip/

Me too, and I was right :D . They're in Dorset. Lucky enough to get most of their stuff down our way and it's for the most part, exceptional beer. Very progressive. Monkey IPA and Orange IPA are two highlights for me, as well as their Hip Hop series.

I also love their "drink responsibly" spiel. :lol:

Hilden Brewery here in NI do one called Barney's Brew which contains pepper in sufficient amounts that it can't be missed by even the dullest of palate's!

GavH said:
Hilden Brewery here in NI do one called Barney's Brew which contains pepper in sufficient amounts that it can't be missed by even the dullest of palate's!

And a lovely beer it is too :thumb:

In the early 70's on a football tour to Belgium, we were told to watch out when drinking bottles of some Trapiste beer that had grubs or caterpillars in the bottom. The only thing was having to remember this after you'd had a few :lol:

Did you ever drink Kronenberg 1666 or whatever it's called? .......... they describe it of having a pine fresh taste.... well I know why :geek: I found a pine needle in one bottle :shock: straight up!

I have read of using pine needles in beer also I think I saw them do it on River Cottage could be something going back to old Viking brews, where would they get hops?

Our Own Tubby Shaws Cock Ale is probably one of the most unusual see here

And I think on Oz and Hugh Raise the Bar they tasted a stout made with Liver :sick: :sick: (and you could taste it :sick: :sick: ).

Spruce is nothing new though and probably not the weirdest. :lol:

Latest posts

Back