MJ French saison yeast attenuation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not forget that attenuation is APPARENT attenuation. Due to alcohol being lighter than water, the mix has a lower specific weight than water. It is not because it starts eating other things than sugar.

Do not forget that attenuation is APPARENT attenuation. Due to alcohol being lighter than water, the mix has a lower specific weight than water. It is not because it starts eating other things than sugar.
Somebody forgot their sense of humour today... Pretty sure nobody really means it when they suggest it'll ferment your granny if you throw her in buddy... Nor do we mean it when we say it'll eat your fermenter next... lol Or maybe we do, maybe THAT'S what really happened to Lord Lucan? ashock1 :laugh8:

What we do mean is it looks for more complex polysaccharides (or sugars if you prefer) to break down into simpler ones, the same as happens when you mash, or use that currently popular enzyme to make a brut IPA. If you want a sweet Saison (which would be just dumb, as that would then not actually be a Saison...), you wouldn't want to try to do it with M29 or Belle Saison, it won't let you.

..I was just about to chuck the dog in.....

I'm tempted to chuck my mother in law in. I doubt even this yeast could find any sweetness in her but if it did, it wound be a great way to dispose of the body.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back