Mini keg conversion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my set up in the first post.
I created an account here to post the same instructions but it was decided that the off-site links (to the flickr pictures) were too spammy so I couldn't post it.

It works brilliantly and I am happy to answer any questions.

BIGJIM72 said:
Or alternatively buy a new vented bung-or a minikeg tap.

Aren't minikegs for home use anyway? :hmm:

If you buy a vented bung you have to drink the beer in one go, which might not be a bad thing, but for the price of an old inner tube ($0) and a co2 bottle (<$1) you can have non-oxidising co2 in the keg.

Home use? how far from your home are you allowed to take them? :)

We do quite a bit of 4wd-ing and camping. We also have a lot of days out to beaches, forests, parks etc.
I have often though about a way to take my homebrew and this is perfect.

Another point, the presta vlaves can hold a lot of pressure, I put a lot of pressure in the keg during tansport to stop it getting dented if it moves around.

BadSeed said:

Minikegs have travelled over 250 miles with me. I own them, if I become a space tourist one will go with me be sure of that.

Don't misunderstand-its a clever conversion.Well done. But I would be happier using food grade CO2,not something I would be pumping my bike tyres up with.

BIGJIM72 said:
BadSeed said:

Minikegs have travelled over 250 miles with me. I own them, if I become a space tourist one will go with me be sure of that.

:lol: Same..

Out of interest, do you carb in your minikegs or just add carbed beer when you need to use one.
Also, how do you serve from them, vented bungs and air or do you add co2 to push the beer out?

Low amount of sugar ( up to 15g per keg). I have a PARTY STAR DELUXE tap (it leaks a little,but far & away the best injector tap) as I have minikegs with & without taps. I use NO2 for dispensing.

BIGJIM72 said:
I have a PARTY STAR DELUXE tap (it leaks a little,but far & away the best injector tap) as I have minikegs with & without taps. I use NO2 for dispensing.

Party star deluxe tap looks great but it weighs in at about AU$95 for me.
I might as well but 10L corny kegs and a picnic tap.

Latest posts

Back