Marrow Rum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottleinfrontofme

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I made some marrow Rum about 3/4 years ago, can't remember. I did it to the instructions a d have left it ever since with an airlock..it's looking clear, but I didn't fill right to the top, I guess I should have topped up with something nearer the time, but hey ho , it's probably ruined, but haven't smelt it yet. How would I go about siphoning and bottling? How would I know if it's ok to drink? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20240816_220445456.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240816_220445456.MP.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6
How would I know if it's ok to drink?
Taste it! Do you like it? Drink some more!

I think many of these weird country recipes depend on a bit of oxidation to add "character" (some of us remember "British Sherry" where the oxidation appears to have been essential). Have a bit of an open mind! If it's deadly poisonous, you should know 'cos you made it (what do you think you put in it?).

Thanks for the answers. I'll siphon off this week into smaller demijohns. Will smell first. If it is oxidised, is it safe to drink? I guess it will just taste rubbish?

Also, if it is ok and I wanted to siphon off into smaller jars, but wanted to add flavour, what could I top up with? Vodka? Maybe boiled sugar water or molasses? Never done this before and would be a shame if it's ruined, but we live and we learn. Just wondered if I can add anything to it if it's ok.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back