Lime taste in lager using Lime Cordial in the recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am wanting to get a lime taste in a Mexican style Lager using Lime cordial.
has anybody used it in the recipe/FV so as it gives a subtle taste without having to add it to the beer after pouring. I know people have used hops also like Motueka but just a whim. I have not looked at the ingredients of lime cordial to see if there is preservative etc that may inhibit this so any advise please

Hi I am wanting to get a lime taste in a Mexican style Lager using Lime cordial.
has anybody used it in the recipe/FV so as it gives a subtle taste without having to add it to the beer after pouring. I know people have used hops also like Motueka but just a whim. I have not looked at the ingredients of lime cordial to see if there is preservative etc that may inhibit this so any advise please
Rather than that you could just add a dash of lime juice from the supermarket baking aisle to your beer after you've poured it. Would save you worrying about preservatives inhibiting the fermentation.

Back