"Kingpin" Wed 27/08 (forum brew)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a difference :grin: same FV one hour and 20 mins later:

27082008841.jpg

Both FV's bubbling like mad, looking forward to seeing how they look tomorrow :shock:

I'd been a bit worried about this one as although there is airlock activity it hadn't looked like a 'normal' fermentation, however i've just taken a hyrometer reading and it's dropped to 1.014 so it must be doing it's thing :cool:

I'm happy with the colour too, should look nice when the yeast has dropped out.

BrewingPics002.jpg

Edit : Just rechecked and it's down to 1.011 not 1.014 the airlocks are still regularly blowing, does anyone know what a typical attenuation is for WLP007 becuase this is 73.8% already. I know that 007 is a dry ale yeast, is this because it keeps going :wha: - maybe I need to get the wort into a fridge to stop it :hmm:

From Whitelabs' website

WLP007 Dry English Ale Yeast
Clean, highly flocculent, and highly attenuative yeast. This yeast is similar to WLP002 in flavor profile, but is 10% more attenuative. This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers.
Attenuation: 70-80%
Flocculation: Medium to High
Optimum fermentation temperature: 65-70°F
Alcohol Tolerance: Medium-High
Don't try and fridge it as that's probably a good way of getting bottle bombs later when it wakes up again.

A T said:
Vossy1 said:
I reckon that's allowable baring in mind the hops shortages :party:
And the fact he's to mean to buy Syrians :lol: :lol:

How much does your average Syrian sell for these days? :lol:

Hop shortages? low tech boilers? hungry yeasts? you all seem to be getting your excuses in early ;)

This has stopped at 1.010 now so I'll be bottling it this weekend ( :pray: )

It's nice and clear out of the FV :D

IMG_1102.jpg

:lol: :lol: Nope no image enhancement and it's not tea :P

Finally managed to bottle some of this yesterday, it's very clear but I added the priming sugars and now i'm praying that it carbonates ok :pray:

Met up with Vossy yesterday and Frisp today and handed out a few bottles - guy's i'd give them a few weeks ;)

I have 8 bottles left so i'm ready to send a few out :D I'll send out 4 and keep 4 to try myself, send me a PM if you want to have one to ridicule :lol:

Latest posts

Back